Griffin Technology Sansa e200 Series Accessory Bundle

oh piddle widdle diddle dee dee… now I gotta buy 3 more Sansas to fill up the cases.

Hmm… mebbe this year for the Holidays, I’ll play Sansa Claus. Everyone gets one
wether they like it or not.

hehe…roadtrip to CERN??

Sansas with Sandisk firmware = meh IMHO; the only thing they’re awesome for is Rockbox. And that you can pick them up cheap at woot. (And “Highway Appeal”, the only palatable song preloaded was actually pretty good. But that’s all a matter of taste.)

But Rio’s dead now, so no more Karma, and I’m not too sure on the Trekstor Vibez, so rockboxed Sansa FTW.

Anyway, given that I do have an e260, this seems like a pretty good deal for a boatload of cases. I’ll see which ones I like.

MacMall has the leather vizor for 25 plus shipping. More usefully, they have some pictures…

MacMall vizors

and Circuit City has the mirrored case for $10 plus shipping, with pictures. Case is see-through

Circuit City mirrored case

gah…want to be in for one but everytime I hit the button I get redirected to the yahoo shopping page. Any ideas on why it won’t let me feed the addiction?!

I just bought 3 e280s for xmas gifts. Now I got stocking stuffers. Now all I need are some spare batteries from Woot - hear that woot people?

i’m surprised a sansa isn’t being sold on woot… i have yet to buy a sansa

because they sell them every month

I currently use a magnetic clasp on a cellphone holder for my sansa…
works fine, no problems interfering with micoSD card or player.

My crackberry also uses a magnet in it’s holster so it knows when to turn off the screen.

So magnets arent something to fear much these days…
wonder about those credit card strips… but I’m not going to test that!

I have one of these cases on my sansa. Turn on the sansa, and the screen is perfectly visible through the case. Wonderful scratch protection, and a cool effect. I bought it at Amazon Spring 2007. It was $14.99 then, and now goes for $18.56. I highly recommend it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N4I0T6

Only negative thing I’ve read in reviews about the magnetic closure is that someone said it affected the screen. But I can’t verify that so… shrug. In for one. I love my clear case, and my friend wants one. This couldn’t have come at a better time.

This will be great for the e280 I bought a few woots ago. :smiley:

Don’t forget “Magnetic Bubble Memory” – gonna be the next greatest thing ever – back around 1980. McLuhan had it right – the future ain’t what it used to be.

(But I think I read recently that something along those same conceptual lines was in current R&D somewhere. Might be misremembering something else, though.)

Bubble Memory production (and development) pretty much died when the first “EEPROM” parts came out. Now we have flash memory with positively insane capacity at giveaway prices (two gigabytes of nonvolatile memory for three bucks? 25 years ago such a thing would be worth millions, if only it’d existed at the time.)

The Husband and I both need a case for our Sansa players. Hard to beat the price. He gets the leather and I get the Mirrored.

seemed to be an IE problem…switched over to firefox and sale went through just fine.

I have the c250, I think these will work , for the price i’m in for a set.

You haven’t been here very long, have you…Welcome to Sansa,i-romba nation. :slight_smile:

I’d gladly take a V2 over a Rockboxed V1. (I’m still holding out hope that the 280 I recently bought here will be a V2.)

The Sansa firmware has a much easier to use interface. It has a higher level of abstraction, it has much better handling of the tuner module (the Rockbox tuner control logic is abysmal, truly worthless). The only real V1 shortcoming is the MicroSD handling – can’t access video content on the card, and can’t use larger/faster cards (limited to 2GB, although I’ve heard there are a few 4GB MicroSD cards using the “non-HS” technology, and might work).

Rockbox is essentially a “monitor program” used as an operating system. (Old farts will know what a “monitor program” is; for everyone else, it’s a low-level interface that lets you get your toes into the sand, but nothing any but the terminally geek’t would want to spend any significant quality time in.)

I wouldn’t mind seeing a “Rockbox-Lite” – something that didn’t pretend to be anything other than a monitor. Something like that – with a few utility functions, i.e., stuff like move/copy/rename files/dirs – that defaulted to NOT booting (the opposite of how Rockbox normally operates) – would be a very nice addition to a Sansa V1 system. (Even with the full ride, it’s nice to be able to copy stuff from the card to the main memory, but this should all be moot with a V2 Sansa.)

PS: Here’s a somewhat minimalist definition of “monitor”: Booting - Wikipedia

Even a HD likely wouldn’t be affected by a magnetic field that small. They’re shielded, plus I hear that it takes quite a strong magnet to affect a HD, even if you manage to somehow defeat the shielding.

Check out the side deal onWoot