GRIND Stainless Salt and Pepper Grinder - Gift Week

Found these on the GrindWeb site for $50.
Add $9.00 to ship to Ohio.

You can use these to grind other spices too if needed. Like Juniper berries.

See what I did there? Tied in the previous offer to this one. Am I witty or what…

…did you just say fresh ground salt?

Saw these at a farmer’s market here in San Diego (Little Italy) and thought they were pretty cool. I was tempted to buy but did not. I think this size was close to $50 (they had smaller ones that cost less). May have to go in on this one since I was thinking of buying a couple for gifts.

I thought that ceramic grinding mechanisms were better for salt grinders?

These are great grinders, I bought a set in the wine country a couple of years ago. They look great on the table, and the thumb operated push-down mechanism works well. However, two things: 1) They are SMALL, these are table grinders not very useful for cooking and 2) This really is not much of a discount over what I paid at a winery in Napa…

I have this set and paid a lot more for it. This company is great, the girls who run it are
very cool.

get one, or three…

I expect you to continue this through all 14… :slight_smile:

I’m confused, I thought the second deal of the day was going to be wine. Is there going to be any wine this week? And before you start yelling at me: no, I wasn’t paying attention when we went over this in class.

There were no guarantees that there would be any wine this week, much less whether or not the second offer of any given day is going to be a wine.

Although if some hints and guesses are to be believed, I think we’ll be seeing at least one wine offering this week at some point, sometime.

Nerd :slight_smile:

I used to scoff at “salt grinders”. I mean, salt is a f-ing rock. It’s not like you’re going to unleash some essential oils or anything, but my sister lives in a humid area and loves them because even coarse kosher salt becomes a big lump rather quickly.

If they’re as small as people are saying, it could be nice to have them on the table. I hate serving people food with fresh ground black pepper on it only to have them reach for the flavorless pepper-dust that has been sitting there since the carter administration. I end up putting a full-on pepper mill on the table, but that’s a little overkill, and this is certainly a classier option than putting out a box of kosher salt.

andyduncan, it’s your fault! Your comment pushed me to press the “I Want One” button…in for 1! :slight_smile:

I have a nice pepper and salt grinder (several, in fact) here at the house.

While ergonomics lend a certain flair to the table, I tell anyone who asks that salt is salt is salt. You can’t change NaCl. It’s the additional ingredients in the salt that make it special. My favourite is a Hawaiian Mud Salt that’s red. The additional ions and local earth really punch through a salt that’s more spicy than salty, imho. Also - try seasoning BEFORE cooking more than after. The saltiness comes through much more effectively, and would require a higher dose of sodium after cooking to get the same effect.

Peppers - now that’s a different story. There’s nothing better than a dash of fresh-ground white pepper in almost anything. Really gets a dish noticed!

I’m curious how a stainless grinder would hold up against salt corrosion?

I also have a ceramic herb grinder that BANGS in the cooking. Totally worth adding one to your kitchen.

Finally - I’m hoping for some more grapeseed oils. Those have been a total hit in my kitchen. I am “ungifting” the extra sets I got to selfishly enjoy that high and healthy smoke-point. :slight_smile:

Feel free to bust out your high-school chemistry book to debunk my NaCl comment.

Nice - glad I spotted this. I want to have several mills for grinding different salts and peppers.

Spooky brought a pair of these myself only yesterday retail. I paid $20 each no stand. I cannot say I have used them very much but from my limited experience me and the wife love them and they look great on the table.

As for a sore thumb we only use at the table so I doubt I will ever personally need that much seasoning.

Oh my…reminds me so much of Sister Mary Elephant

The product specs are real clear that this is for dry salt which leaves out all sorts of currently popular salts that are moist.

You know, I have an earlier model of these (the base of mine is not clear). Here’s my review:

Pepper grinder - poor performance. the grinding apparatus is not robust enough to do any serious peppering. If you want only a tiny amount of pepper, then this grinder is for you.

Salt grinder - works well, but the base is starting to discolor (looks like rust).

Not worth the price, in my opinion.

I do have a small one for the celtic sea salt I always use but I seriously thought about pressing that button after what andyduncan posted. They do look real nice. Just wished the family sat at the table to eat so they could see how nice they look sitting there ready to be used. sigh