Gruet Sparkling Mixed Case

Gruet Sparkling Mixed Case
$139.99 $236.00 41% off List Price
NV Gruet Blanc de Noirs
NV Gruet Brut
NV Gruet Sauvage

Previous offer:
10/19/15

Hoping the winery can visit so we can discuss dosage a bit…
Curious what may have been used, especially given the low RS in the Sauvage.

This is our house sparkling wine and it is good.

We generally buy the Blanc de Noirs by the case because it has the dryness that we enjoy without being overly crisp or grassy (at least that’s how we describe it). It’s got a nice round body that says it is one of your better sparkling wines. We serve this to ourselves and our friends who know and appreciate wine. We have a house prosecco we serve everyone else.

Likewise, we drink the Brut fairly often but more in the summertime for some reason. Not sure why. But, again, it’s got more body than the lower quality sparkling wines. I like to get a Portuguese vino verde (runs about $6.99 around here), add some lime juice, a little bit of lemon juice and slices of each. I usually add a pint of raspberries for color. Anyway, I throw in a bottle of the Brut and, baby, we got ourselves a white sangria!

As for the Sauvage, we’ve never had it. But, I am going to check with SWMBO to see if she’s interested. That would make me in for one.

The Blanc de Noir is our favorite too. We used to get wine from wine.woot but thanks to the crooks in the Vermont legislature [and specifically after one ‘sewageyard’ started selling its sewage], they can’t ship to us now !!!

We generally buy the Blanc de Noirs by the case because it has the dryness that we enjoy without being overly crisp or grassy (at least that’s how we describe it). It’s got a nice round body that says it is one of your better sparkling wines. We serve this to ourselves and our friends who know and appreciate wine. We have a house prosecco we serve everyone else.

Likewise, we drink the Brut fairly often but more in the summertime for some reason. Not sure why. But, again, it’s got more body than the lower quality sparkling wines. I like to get a Portuguese vino verde (runs about $6.99 around here), add some lime juice, a little bit of lemon juice and slices of each. I usually add a pint of raspberries for color. Anyway, I throw in a bottle of the Brut and, baby, we got ourselves a white sangria!

As for the Sauvage, we’ve never had it. But, I am going to check with SWMBO to see if she’s interested. That would make me in for one.
[/quote]

I purchased 2 cases last time and we are through 1 case already. The Savage is the driest of the 3, yet not exactly bone dry, our favorite of the 3. This case deal is FANTASTIC for everyday bubbles, that right everyday bubbles.
In for 3 cases and looking at gifting myself another 3 cases. That comes out to about a bottle a week and at this price its a no brainer.

Anyone in MN want to split a case?
Eagan/St. Paul area.

We had a chance to sample a couple of bottles of Gruet sparkling wine at our annual sushi and bubbly gathering last January, and they were among the hits of the evening in a lineup that included Iron Horse and Dom Perignon. Different wines here, but the winery makes nothing but quality juice, and this is, as WD likes to say, a screaming deal.
Wondering if it will arrive by New Year’s Eve. If not, it’s nice to have a few cases of Iron Horse on hand. :slight_smile:

I’m so tempted. I deserve this, right? Somebody enable me.

I got this last time around and went through it with company. DAMN I want another! I just got a mixed case locally so another might result in divorce.
I loved the Sauvage. Very crisp and tastes like bakery to me. Seriously could drink this stuff all day.

I bought the Gruet case the last time it was offered on Woot. It’s fantastic! My favorite is the Blanc de Noir, but the other varietals are good as well. One of my favorite ways to enjoy the Sauvage is to add a splash of St. Germain to the glass. It mellows it and adds a lovely floral note. If I had more room to store it, I’d be in for 3, but as it is, I’ll have to do with just 1.

No shipping to NJ :frowning:

Well, Stuart Smalley thinks that - “You’re Good Enough, You’re Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like you.”

So I say, go for it!

How long will these store? Not sure how quickly I would get through a whole case, especially since this would arrive after most of the holidays.

If most of these sat in my basement until next year would they still be as good?

The rule of thumb is to drink anything sparkling sooner rather than later. I think Gruet is of sufficient quality that it should hold up for at least a year. Or you just need to find more reasons to drink it :slight_smile:

I assume we won’t get this in time for Christmas but what about New Years?

Love me some Gruet.

and yes it will arrive in time for New Years eve (College football play off day).

Morning WD. Is anyone available to attend to the matter I posted about a few days ago? Haven’t heard a word since Wednesday morning, when Woot Support advised that they were lobbing it over to you guys.

TIA.

Guess my kids won’t be getting a Christmas this year. Thanks, Woot.

Seriously though, can’t wait to try this. Last time I was set to order a Gruet case, it was sold out.

Any chance Gruet may visit to comment on dosage?

Hope you guys/WD are right about this one - just ordered a case. Also, just finishing a bottle of Boss Monster. While I did not like it much when it came out, it has seemed to improve mightily with age - or my tasting senses are just going south with age.