Guardian Technologies Ultrasonic Digital Humidifier

Have you ever woken up with your nose and throat so dry you can’t swallow? Don’t usually have to deal with it in normal humid states.

No thanks. I live in NC where we have 90-100% humidity almost all the time. If only Sellout.Woot were selling a dehumidifier at the same time. D:

In the winter it can help prevent frizz when combing your hair… personally, I kind of like the static electricity look, lol.

We need one of these because my kids doctor said she needs 6 hours of mist a night and who the heck wants to get up to turn the thing on/off. So programmable would be nice.

This one has some pretty overwhelming negative reviews though…probably going to pass based on the feedback.

Great price compared to new on Amazon but its got terrible reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Germ-Guardian-Digital-Humidifier-H3000/dp/B000ICUI2A/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1273122347&sr=8-2-fkmr1

but i guess someone beat me to it.

BTW… seems like there’s probably a lot of refurbished models because the don’t work very well. Many of the reviews say that at least one of the advertised functions didn’t work.

You want some humidity? Check out the bags of Texas Air in your next BOC. South TX is even worse (much worse).

I bought one for a lot more than this at a store recently. It humidifies the air quite well, it’s quiet, but the internal hygrometer has never, ever worked.

As cool as this looks, and as much as my wife would get off on this, I hate to admit it but the cheap___ ones due just fine on the kiddos.

Holy bad reviews Batman!

With this many bad reviews, its a design problem and I highly doubt they’ve completely fixed it.

i’m guessing you don’t suffer from ultra-dry winters where you’re from… this past winter my nasal passages kept drying out, causing me to develop what i call “blood snot” every morning…

Selling a humidifier in the spring is like selling a snow blower in the summer

Reviews are just decent. 2.9 stars on average from Buzzillions.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/germ-guardian-ultrasonic-digital-humidifier-1ea-reviews

I had this humidifier about two years ago but had to replace it. I loved just about everything about it, but the anti-mold feature stopped delivering after about three months.

Other than that… The nightlight was great, the variable settings worked really well, and it was extremely convenient to be able to program it to start and stop at different times (I kept it in my bedroom, so I had no need to have it running during the day).

If you’re willing to keep up with filling it regularly and cleaning it out every now and again, this is a great deal. I paid just over $100 for it when I got it, but I bought it with the expectation that I wouldn’t have to do anything but fill it. If you’re not lazy like me, this is a great buy.

is this a humidifier or an upgraded radio from the 50s? You can’t fool me, woot!

New on Amazon it’s $150, so quite a price difference there.

It has so-so reviews, but so do the other humidifiers on Amazon. It seems like almost all have under 4 stars.

Not all of us live in a moist summer climate… In the Southwest, moist air keeps you from getting bloody noses while you sleep.

It doesn’t actively cool, and the warm setting isn’t all that hot. Noticeably warm, sure, but there’s not much difference between the two settings.

I know that feeling, but seeing as it has been 80% humid this week (where I live), I’m guessing I just need to lay off the cigarettes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why did someone in Ohio buy this? It’s humid all of the time.

I could get this, or I could go outside… Yay 80% humidity in florida!