Gun Cases & Sights

I’m in the same boat as you. They aren’t easy to find, but here’s the only site I can find that seems to match the actual company:

OR

Though there is not a lot more pictures on the site for what you’re looking for.

Just thought, but if you know any new dads and what to make their life a little easier…

Grab one of the range bags, or any of them really, and they can have a MANLY diaper bag to lug around instead of one with flowers or giraffes. (Not that there is anything wrong with giraffes.)

Later it can just be a bag for Dad or it can be passed along.
Heck you could even get name tags made up with dad or baby’s name.

Did this for a son in law and he loved it.

Your post brought a tear to my eye. LOL

trying to decide to buy the cartridge belt for duck hunting. I hunt refuges so this would hold the almost the max Im allowed to have in the blind. Anyone have experience using a cartridge belt like this when Duck hunting?

Cartridge Belt is the way to go IMO. Best option I’ve found so far and this one looks to be good quality, especially for the price.

I ordered a pair of the larger “scabbards” on the last go-around, and couldn’t be happier. They are absolutely COVERED with velcro though, I’m still not sure I understand that. I also ordered the smaller scabbard, but it didn’t fit any of my rifles so I’m using it as an excuse to buy something new.

This time, it’s the breakdown bag and ‘bug out bag’ (as a range/pistol bag) for me. I do wish there were some more information available for these, I’m pretty impressed with the quality overall.

The Yukon Outfitters MG-5033 Tactical Alpha Backpack

Looks like an exact copy of 5.11 Rush 24, which I own.

Go 5.11 for quality, period. If you don’t plan on being so rough with it, $40 for this seems like a great trade off.

An ammo belt is fast and efficient for dove hunting. I don’t duck hunt, so I don’t know how a belt would be for that. Seems like it would be nice except for the potential of getting shells wet and dirty.

I have a Maxpedition Sitka Gearslinger and the Overwatch sling looks to be an exact, mirrored copy.

My Sitka slings over my left shoulder allowing my right shoulder to be free so that I can shoulder a rifle stock without obstruction or taking off the pack. This Overwatch sling would get in my way, as a right handed shooter.

There appears to be some minor differences, as noted by others, but for the price, I would have gotten one if I didn’t already own the Sitka. This Overwatch one even appears to have concealed carry pocket, but there isn’t a mention of it in the description. I wonder if it is also lined with the velcro stuff to attach a holster and accessories.

FWIW, I paid ≈$100 for my Sitka. It’s backed with the Maxpedition lifetime warranty, which I have had to use for a shoulder strap on my Maxpedition Versipack. I can say that Maxpedition customer service was outstanding.

Admittedly, I hadn’t looked at the water bottle carrier that closely on the overwatch bag, until I saw someone’s earlier comment.

LOVE that you can detach it with ease, and yet, it is rock solid when attached.

I went ahead and loaded it up with my coaching gear (first aid, netbook, tablet, timing devices, pens, pencils, clif bars, extra gear for my swimmers, external batteries, HRM, pocket waterproof video camera, etc). It fits everything like a dream in a very compact bag.

I’m definitely ordering a second for more of a 72-hour bag.

I purchased the over watch sling pack last week.
Its worth the $40, but we will see if it survives a week of camping.
I am unimpressed with the low quality zippers on the bag as one compartment is unusable due to the zipper popping apart and opening. Additionally, the water bottle pouch on the side is not actually on the bag and I did not receive it. Only pals (molle) attachments.
this is a knockoff of the Maxpedition Sitka that I have wanted for some time.
I have Maxpedition products, and they use better quality zippers.
Despite its shortcomings, I am optimistic of its stitching and assembly. I would consider another yukon tactical product based on the value.

SpazzyChippy,

The Rifle Scabbard will not work with a stationary VFG, however the fold down VFG version will fit into this case.

20" milspec barrel is no issue with a carry handle or scope.

Any confirmation as to when these will actually ship?

When I placed my order it said they would ship same day. I haven’t received a tracking notification yet, so it didn’t ship the same day (yesterday).

Veyec,

You are correct… the Overwatch has a side conceal / carry pocket with velcro on the inside that will fit everything from a .380 to a 1911. The zippered opening for the conceal carry pocket is 10.5". Apologies for this omission and thank you for bringing this up!

Ronin9,

Drop us an email at customerservice@yukon-outfitters.com so we can find out how to make your zipper issue right. Thank you for your business.

Sinnyc,

With ammo costing so much these days we don’t think that you should have to take out a loan for a good bag. Give us a try and if this bag can’t take your day to day grind then we’ll replace it.

Thanks for looking!

I like the magnifiers and need some for my eotech xps’s.
I need a few but I use them for work maritime ops… if they fail I put my life on the line.
Failure is not an option for me and good mounts cost 2x as much as the pkg. Looks great for plinking though.

Im ordering 1 for a plinking ar I built… not for work use.

Do any of these sights work on a .357 Python 8inch barrel???

I need an 18 hour bag (to get me to my 72 hour bag) to keep in my car. The Overwatch seems like the way to go. Am I off base with this one? What’s the weight on it?

Thanks.

I’m needing to start work on my bugout bag, and the Yukon Outfitters Bugout Bag looks like it might fit the bill. I like that it has the dividers so things can stay organized. I was thinking about the Tactical Alpha Backpack, but it doesn’t look as big.

This is a great Woot sale, it is saving me from an hour drive to the Army Surplus store to see what they have in stock.