Gunnar Advanced Computer Eyewear

I bought a pair of these, because I’d started to experience optical symptoms of a migraine (auras, blurry vision, etc.) when I was working long hours.

Basically I think they help a little bit, but only a tiny bit. Your price sensitivity may vary, but they aren’t worth the $50, imo.

They are comfortable to wear, and the screen does magnify a tiny bit when you put them on. However, I can’t really tell much difference in eye fatigue. The packaging was a nightmare to open. I felt like maybe they were trying to make the $50 you just spent seem substantial because of the big plastic package. Also, for your $50 you do NOT get a case.

If I were making recommendations to the vendor it would be: (1) mellow out on your packaging of doom, (2) drop the price by about half…maybe then I’d recommend it to my friends, and (3) add a case if you’re keeping the price over $25.

OKAY this isn’t about the eyewear - who cares! I don’t see anywhere else to post so I’m posting here! Why the heck does the writer cam say Tuesday the 23rd of September when this is only Monday the 22nd? What are they, in the twilo zone?

Agreed. I bought a pair of these last year for $40. I wanted to like them, but they just don’t fit right and they don’t make that much of a difference. Maybe a different pair would fit better and be more worthwhile, but I’m not going to risk wasting another $50 to find out.

f.lux is free software that does basically the same thing. I use it on both my work and home PC’s.

The live cam will be tomorrow. You get teasers today.

I’ve used f.lux and special glasses (not Gunnar). I can tell a real difference with the glasses. I don’t have to use my eye drops hardly at all now.

I just ordered these and received Amber. Asked to RMA for Crystalline and they tell me they’ll send a replacement, but there’s a chance I’ll get Amber again. Just thought I’d let you guys know if you have your heart set on Crystalline lenses.

Thanks jblan123.

And…I remember a time when wooters sharing experiences with actual products to inform their fellow forum goers used to get you quality posts. Now I see the culture has shifted so it’s only people who post positive experiences about a product get kudos. Mod attention is instead focused on trying to discuss a similar, but not-even-offered product in an attempt to counter less-than-favorable reviews. Good to know, good to know. I’ll just pencil that into the “shifts in woot culture I hate” column.

I agree. They help a little by magnifying what you look at. They seem tuned for the distance you sit from a monitor.

I just ordered these two weeks ago. They got here and after finally breaking through the packaging of doom (cut my finger on sharp plastic shards), I found they had manufacturing defects on the both lenses. The coating was bubbling.

Okay, that happens, no problem. But I wasn’t allowed to exchange them. Customer service told me they didn’t have anymore.

Now the exact model is on sale here again. What gives??

As far as the glasses go, I have some made by a different company and I find them helpful in reducing my eye strain.

edit: should I try again? I loved the glasses, but I’m scared.

Have a pair of these, definite rip off. Total gimmick. The lenses are very low quality and reflective…the inside of the lense, it does nothing for eye strain as the reflections on the inside of the lenses make things worse. When looking at a monitor I can literally see reflection of my eyeball on the inside of the lenses…imagine taking a picture through a window using the flash, that’s what it’s like.

I’ve spoken to Woot customer service back and forth all day, and they still won’t send me the Crystalline pair that I ordered. They have stated there is an error with the item code associated with the Crystalline lenses. I can send them back, but they warn me I may get Amber again. Why are they continuing to put the Crystalline lenses up for sale if they’re just going to send the Amber versions?

Luckier than I was. I ordered the Crystalline ones a week ago, received Amber instead, and then was told they couldn’t swap those for the proper ones since they didn’t have any left, so I just had to take the refund. Oh well…

I don’t know. It’s frustrating to know they have them in stock, they just won’t send them to me. I’ll just take the discount. First world problems. That being said, I am honestly happy with them. My eyes feel great after a day of working on a pc all day and then using one at home for leisure. A lot of people will call bs on this, but I have noticed an increase in my game after using them. It sounds silly, but its the honest truth.

I’ve posted about these recently. I ordered a pair of these with prescription lenses, and they should finally be arriving later today. The non-Rx pair I tried was very nice, it seemed well-made and did not have any lens defects like mentioned above. Gunnar customer support has been fantastic. Other acquaintances seem to like their (non-Rx) Gunnars, for what that’s worth. I’ll comment after I receive mine if there’s anything interesting to share about them.

how irony is that we got to spend even more than $25 to get a case… in my homeland…

Hi, Woot staff. I was wondering that did anybody ever noticed there was a problem with the pictures in the second item named “Gunnar Optiks Regent Advanced Computer/Gaming Eyewear - Mercury”? In that page, the first photo dispalying the item obviously differs from the second and the third ones. So would you please tell me that which one is right for the item itself? Coz i’m really confused…

BTW, this wasn’t the first time for this issue to occured——it happened in the last sales event of these otpics, same problem on the same item. So i assumed you guys just simply “copy” the last bazaar and post it here, nothing’s ever changed a bit, right? But why didn’t you just extand the last sales event instead? I’m totally lost…

[MOD: Fixed. Thanks!]

Same here. I ordered Phenom in Crystalline, and I got amber. Customer service tells me that they have no more Crystalline in stock and the only options I was given was to keep the glasses and get a $6 refund or RMA them for a “full” refund (although I doubt I’ll get my $5 shipping back).

This was over the weekend, and I haven’t even had a chance to ship the order back, and I come here this morning to find that the item I wanted is magically back in stock. WHAT?!?

In case it’s not obvious, I’m more than a little ticked-off at Woot right now. How can you tell me, after YOU messed up, that you don’t have the item in stock, and then put that same item up for sale a few days later?

I’ve been using Woot for close to a decade now, having bought dozens of items over the years, and I have to say that customer service seems to have really gone downhill. After this, I’m not sure Woot will have anymore business from me. What do they care, though? They’ve grown into vast crap selling empire since I started, especially since being bought out by Amazon. I just think they forgot that it’s the customers who made that happen.

Wow, that rant ended up being much longer than I expected.

I ordered the Crystalline Wi-Five ones a few weeks ago, and received Amber ones instead. Submitted a ‘problem with my order’ request, and received no contact until about 6 days, in which they just send a UPS label for the RMA. I reply asking if they will send the correct product - no reply.

I see these - a different frame - on sale, in crystalline, and somehow think it’s a good idea to try my luck again. Received in Amber once again. Sent an email to support@woot, with the order numbers from both purchases on 9/16 - still have not received a reply.

Honestly just want to see if the clear lenses will help with eye strain. I tried the amber ones and they seemed to help after a full day of excel work.

I remember when Woot had great customer service - many years ago…

bulwinkol: I’m sorry for the problems with the order. One Amazon warehouse (our inventory) mixed different models. Argh.

I’ll let CS know that you have another question.

Appreciate the acknowledgement. So will CS reach out to me to ship the correct product to me, or just to say sorry?