Gunnar Gaming Glasses

Ahhh I don’t know which one to get!!

as a question for vanuary. i see that there is a sale. and i am one of those people who needs prescription glasses. is there a way to get this deal on woot, but get prescription ones? or is this for just the regular gunnars?

I wonder, do all of the styles work the same and you’re just picking what kind of frame you want? I actually don’t even wear glasses (yet anyway, can legally drive without them but for how long is anyone’s guess) so I honestly don’t know.

I got the Cobalt JEM set, just to give them a try though.

I’d like to know this too! I emailed their service email this morning but nothing yet… I was thinking I’d just buy the frames here on woot, then take those in to one of their RX dealers and have them put in the script lenses… but I’m not sure if there’s any difference in the frame.

Hi fpc1107, great question! Most of the styles that we have on this WOOT sale are Rx compatible (only the Talon & Rayne are NOT Rx compatible). So just don’t choose the Talon or Rayne if you ever plan on getting them Rx-ed in the future. Choosing your frame is step one so definitely make your purchase on this WOOT sale. Then contact rx@gunnars.com to get instructions on how to submit the frames to us with your doctor’s prescription.
For additional information on our Rx program, please visit http://www.gunnars.com/rx.

Hi blazesenpai. Yes, all of our indoor amber eye wear has the same lens technology. Just different frame styles to fit different faces.

Was looking to buy these this week anyway. Thanks woot for putting these on sale right when I was gonna buy them

Hi nicksmith1. Please see my response to fpc1107’s question below. Once you have your frames, you can take them into any GUNNAR Rx dealer found on our website. We can also do the Rx directly, but you will need to send your GUNNARS back to us for this. If you are going to a retailer, I would shop around (especially if there are several in your area) since different retailers will quote you different prices depending on their individual mark up. If there is no retailer, you always have the option of sending them back to GUNNAR to get the prescription lenses put in. But make sure not to choose the Talon or Rayne if you ever plan on doing an Rx since these two styles are NOT Rx-able. For additional information on our Rx program, please visit http://www.gunnars.com/rx.

I just bought the chrome Jems… My co-workers tend to make fun of me already, so I’m sure this isn’t going to help (I’m a programmer and I work with people that are not as techy). Are the jems the least… nerdy looking? I was thinking about ordering the Wings for work and using the Jems at home if I like them.
I’m buying these primarily for dry-eye, but hoping it will also reduce headaches.

I just bought the MW3 ones last night on Moofi, today you have styles I actually like.

Well played Woot!, well played.

I’m disappointed I couldn’t get the JEM in the color I wanted, but hey for that price I’ll gladly take bronze!!

Be careful which pair you get. there are certain pairs with pointy ear pieces which stab into your head when wearing headphones. I am hoping the MW3 glasses do not have such a problem. I already returned the other pair

Do these affect the actual colors you see? Does it give the screen a yellow tint?

i have a wider head than average, which of these glasses will accommodate me? i need a big pair…thanks

never mind, i bought the MW3 version because it was the widest size available at 140mm, just gonna test it out and see what the fuss is all about with these

I bought a pair of the JEMs last time to try, and I LOVE them. I love them so much I went and bought another pair just so I can leave one at home and have a pair work. The Only thing that is a pain is they smudge like no other. I keep a microfiber cloth handy at all times.

They do make a huge difference. If you have to(or choose to) stare at a computer screen for any length of time your eyes will thank you.

Yes they do. If you’re doing graphics work it very much sucks.

I have a question for the rep please. Can you use any cleaning solution for these or do you need special solution? Thank you for your time.

I ordered a pair of Gunnars a few months back, it is a different style than any of these frames, and the lenses developed very small chips in them. I am not sure from what – they stay at my desk and I do not take them anywhere, and put them in the microfiber sheath when not using them. The chips look like the small indentations you get on your windshield in your car. I really liked them, but now they are unwearable due to the chips in them.

P.S. are there way to order replacement lenses so I can start wearing them again?

I would like to know the answer to this as well, I have a big melon and need wide frames. I’d love to be able to pick up a pair or 2 of these for work.