Gunnar Optiks Advanced Computer/Gaming Glasses

I can’t quite figure out what’s great about these glasses, what are they supposed to do for you?

OMG i can’t believe they are so cheap now!

A co worker of mine had them and i thought they were silly as there yellow but i tried them one day and boy what a difference did it make at staring at the computer… i didn’t want to give them back lol. I am planning on buying prescription pair of these but for now i will definitely wear contacts for these!

They filter out the blue on the monitors and make it easier to read and less strain on your eyes

So, they’re basicly they’re repurposed blue-blocker driving glasses? Or is there supposed to be more advantages beyond that with them?

There are a few other things that they are supposed to do, although I’m not certain how effective those are. One other design feature is that the glasses curve much closer to the eyes than regular glasses, which is supposed to increase humidity and keep eyes from drying out. They may work at that, I can’t say that I notice a huge difference. But I have noticed, in a somewhat related note, that with these on, having the yellowish glasses tends to make me blink more. When you stare at a screen for long periods, you tend not to blink, causing your eyes to dry out. But the colored lens seems to increase frequency of blinking for me. So it does help keep my eyes from drying out as much as before.

They also have a slight magnification built in, so they function a bit like reading glasses in that sense. Some of the readers above complain about this, but it hasn’t bothered me, and it may also depend on which style you choose as to how it affects your peripheral vision.

how long am I going to be on the waiting list for these glasses. They don’t show sold out, but they apparently are.

Did not buy from this or previous offers but as a Gunnar user I enjoy using them. The slight yellow tint is not noticeable after wearing them for some time. The magnification is slight, I heard like a .25 or something like that. The creators of Gunnar came from Oakley. As to what I own, 1pr Smoke Sunglasses, 1pr 3D, 1pr Crystalline, and 2prs of yellow. Think I paid full for all but 1 pair so at this price it is a steal.

I have heard a lot of good things about these. I think I am going to give them a try. I guess for $35 you really can’t go wrong.

Just a heads up for those of you who wanted to get prescription versions of these.

If you have a high prescription (I think it was greater than + or - 4), you may be limited on your selection. Zeiss who makes the scripted lenses can’t make the lenses with high prescriptions if the frames are too curved.

This was the problem I ran into getting them via go-optic.com. I ordered a set with my script, they called me the next day saying Zeiss couldn’t make them. go-optic recommended another frame to me and I said to make it so. The same thing happened and this time it took three weeks for go-optic to tell me. Finally, they told me to try the Gunnar Phenom frame and they would make a lens in their lab with the properties of the Zeiss Gunnar lens and send them for the Zeiss pure-coat coating then install them in the frame for me. After two months I finally got my glasses.

I wear them all the time and couldn’t be happier. I actually think the Phenom frame looks better on me than the frame I chose originally. I also used to have a problem with my night vision while driving and not seeing lane markers particularly when the roads are wet. These glasses helped me tremendously with that.

Oh and I almost forgot, not only do these make you immune to the lights from the UFO’s coming December 21. But they also make you immune to those little flashy devices the Men in Black use to erase your memory.

Just my 2 cents.

I am on a waiting list. I was really upset the last time these went on sale, I missed my chance. Since then I have been rathe vigilant about looking at the pages. Shocked I missed this -(

Hooooly crap. SERIOUSLY woot? The whole waiting list thing AGAIN?

Last time it took you a whole bunch of time to work this out - and next time you get them this happens again?

First time I excused it b/c mistakes happen. But I have been waiting for a price this good on Gunnars for years. If this ends up being sold out already this will seriously impact my conception of woot’s quality.

The wait list status happens when two people are checking out at the same time on the last item before it’s sold out. One person finishes their purchase first so the item is technically sold out but the payment authorization isn’t complete so the order could be denied. The wait list person gets the order in that case. Otherwise, the wait list status is dropped and the purchase is gone from your purchase history.

As to some already being sold out, Plus deals will most often have smaller quantities (which is why they aren’t a daily deal). So it’s important to check back often.

As for these Gunnar’s, they were very popular during the last sale so I’m sure people were watching for them again. Looks like word spread - I’ve been seeing lots of tweets about this sale. We had quite a few of these, FWIW.

I really hate the wait list, though this is my first time getting that. Keeping me in wait like this to see if I can get the darn glasses is terrible because I like another style too, and while I’m waiting to see if I can get this pair, the other pair might sell out too, otherwise I could just get those instead.

Woot should have some sort of “wait list warning” either while users are ordering or on the item page itself.

Why is it that I havent seen any other sales on Woot have this problem? Ive only seen Gunnars for this price on woot once before, and the same thing happened.

If there is just 1 pair left that two people are competing over, then it should just be labeled as sold out.

Pisses me off that I get my hopes up ordering, only to find out that its sold out. Also give us a warning that these will be waitlisted before we order, or give us the option to cancel our order.

This has been the only interesting deal for me on woot in a long time. Now that Ive been burned twice im really not happy and I will think twice before ordering from woot again in the future. The quality has really gone down hill from when I used to order all the time in 2008/2009.

This is good feedback and I’ve passed it on. It would help if you could please take the time to give it directly via the Beta Feedback button at the top right.

I’ll give these a shot. Hopefully they work, because I get a ton of eye strain from looking at the computer.

FWIW, my experience with Woot of late has been great. I was skeptical of the new format, but once I had a few weeks to try it out, I’m loving all the Woot sites and the Woot Plus offers. Purchasing some of the Gunnars this time around makes my fourth Woot in the last year and they’ve all been great experiences. Now keep up the good work and send out these Gunnars ASAP – I’m really looking forward to trying them out.

On average, how long is it until we of the “Wait List” should give up hope of getting our Gunnars?

EDIT: nevermind, Woot just told me to give up hope >_< . Next time these things go on sale I’m going to be the first to buy. If they ever come back…

They were around a month or two ago for very similar prices. You just have to be quick and be up right at midnight.

Of course this deal went up the one night in the last 3 weeks I didnt check woot before bed…

Also, ThunderThighs thanks for the good support and patience, again.

I am so raging right now that I missed this, ohr my gord, I am a raging anger machine.

these better go on sale again soon so I can buy 5 pairs