Gunnar Optiks Gaming/Computer Eyewear

Hi sumit48307. I’m the manufacturer rep. All of our INDOOR eyewear (Amber and Crystalline tints) have a slight magnification +0.2 D. They do not come in reader prescriptions or clip-ons. We do have a prescription program for those who wear glasses though.

I have three pairs of Gunnars, two are offered in this sale. The E11vens, sold out now, are the best for keeping your eyes from drying out. They fit close to your face and have wide temples.

Today, I got the Emissary. These are beautiful glasses with much better materials than the other models I have. But they do sacrifice the wrap-around benefits of the E11vens and the lenses are very small so you need to move your head more.

My next purchase will probably be the Epoch when it comes around.

Wooters!

Don’t make the same mistake i did, i bought a pair last year. I can tell you now I don’t even use them, not worth it. A pair of amber color safety glasses does the same thing. Just throwing in my two cents.

I have a feeling he’s onto something witht he flourescents. I used to get pretty bad eye strain head aches, but now I’m in an office those glare-reducing grid things on the lights for CRT monitors. I just realized I haven’t been getting those anymore. And to think, I was about to buy some glasses.

Call it psychosomatic but my desperation to relieve the headache and eye strain (I could hardly see past 50 feet after a 10 hour work day after LASIK induced perfect vision) led me to purchase computer glasses.

I have less headaches and my circadian rhythms are even more regulated. I have less pseudo-insomnia after gaming sessions. If you truly don’t look away from the screen for half of the day, you may notice the improvement that I did.

No diatribe-- that is what I’ve experienced as a consumer. Can we hear more from people not arguing THEORY? Do you same people go to the store and beg people not to buy products as well, when you don’t even own them?

So, are you saying that you purchased a pair of tinted safety glasses, found they work just as well, and chose to wear those instead of the higher-quality, more stylish Gunnars? Or did you buy the safety glasses and chose to wear neither even though they both had some benefit?

Your argument makes little sense. If they don’t work at all, there’s no need to compare them to anything. If they work as well as safety glasses, why not continue to wear them?

Why are the Halogen style called outdoor when the description says they are made for indoor digital viewing?

Gunnar Optiks Halogen Advanced Outdoor Eyewear - Cloud Gold

“Finish with Amber tint lens specifically engineered for digital viewing indoors.”

Thanks for your insight regarding to the yellow tint glasses filtering the blue light from fluorescent bulb. I bought one of these last time. Now I will use it in class because of the fluorescent lights.

These are awesome at reducing eye strain with bright screens or poorly lit rooms. The shift from white to yellow will keep your eyes juicy and wide. I use them in FPS games to spot movement over large areas. The magnification reduces the need to squint and helps me stay focused. I use these for: work, gaming, shooting range, and reading.

I like them.
I stare at a computer for 8-10 hours every day and then read on my tablet, watch TV or generally stare at other screens in the evenings. My vision is fine. Our office uses horrible LED lights that I keep off as much as possible.
I had my eyes checked when I started getting headaches after turning 40 - The optomitrist suggested “plano” computer glasses which filter certain light and readers in 1.0 to help lessen eye strain.
The Gunnars fit the bill and my eyes no longer burn at the end of the day and I don’t get the tension-ish headaches. They’re a really good deal here especially when compared to some of those offered at the Dr’s office. I’ve got a pair for the office and for home.

Oh, side note: As an avid shooter, these are NOT like shooting glasses in that actual shooting glasses are made to withstand shrapnel (Better brands are low velocity bullet proof) and are generally much heavier. The yellow lenses for shooting are designed to brighten by removing a lot of blue light whereas Gunnars are much lighter and don’t seem as yellow or filter as much blue light.