Gyration Gyroscopic Media Center Mouse/Remote - 2 Pack

I bought one of these when last sold on 11/19/2008. It works just fine with MacBook Pro OSX 10.5 - basically just plug and play. Today I am buying two more, also for my other Mac laptops.

Woot orders since 2005 - 285 and counting

I’m in for 1! Was bummed I missed this on the last wootoff. It was $25 shipped. Now I can get 2 for $35 shipped! Awesome.

Yea or Nay on vista compatibility?

Bought one of these the last time it was Wooted. I teach a lot and this works perfectly with classroom PowerPoints.

this type of controller (all of them) need a laser pointer integrated. Not only could one use this in a meeting, but also at home…to “play with the pets” AND make the computer do some crazy stuff…peronally, I prefer the kensingtons (a lot more control).

and as for the mac work/not work issue: which mac? does it not work on a power pc mac or an intel mac?

i just can’t stay away… in for one i guess.

This is a great deal!
I bought the 512k model a year or two ago and use it frequently. I do a lot of presentations and it works great to let you walk the room and still use the mouse. Haven’t had any issues with range even in a fairly large auditorium type setup.

Only cons are a battery door that’s a little difficult to remove/reinstall, and it seems to go to “sleep” a little too quick for my taste (you wind up waving your hand a bit to wake it up…probably able to be changed but I’ve been too lazy to find out how). A laser would also be nice but they’re easy to get cheap elsewhere.

Also good if you use your mouse at your desk a lot and feel the carpal tunnel stuff creeping in, you can throw this thing in, move your chair back a little, and wave your hand around to move the mouse, Wii style.

in for 1 (2 actually)

pretty cheap, so wth!

WTF!! I paid $30 for 1, a few weeks ago on Buy.com and that was a great deal! Time to see if I can return them to buy.com to buy these.

Also bought one a year ago, and I agree that this is a splendid product. One big flaw, though, is that the dongle is not very securely attached to the mouse. I lost the dongle and have been unable to locate a replacement for it at all, despite repeated deep attempts through the manufacturer and third-parties. Just can’t find it.

Two reasons this is important: (1) the dongle is not a BlueTooth tech…it is a non-standard proprietary wireless channell, and (2) my data went with the dongle. So, if you have important data that you’re keeping on it, secure and backup the sucker frequently. And don’t keep it on your key-ring (my biggest hubris).

On a slight side-note…Because I couldn’t find a relatively small and free one, I wrote a neat little backup utility for flash drives that runs in a few batch files in the command prompt. If anyone is interested, I offer it completely free of charge and free of license. It’s easy to setup and easy to manipulate and improve. Just send me a private message if you want it. I can e-mail it to you.

And, oh yeah, I Wooted these today to make up for my lost dongle. Now I have three mice and two dongles! Hopefully, I can hold onto them this time!

Kinda like a wii controller for your comp?

everywhere I read it seems like they do work on macs. maybe the post is wrong? maybe its an old version of the device but I dont believe thats true. I think it would work on the mac just fine. I’d say wait a little bit and call gyration tomorrow but I have a feeling these will be gone by morning.

Bought one, sucked hard and rarely ever held a connection with the receiver, constantly the mouse strayed in a strait line without any input. Thought it was defective and bought another few weeks ago… they are all crap… now woot is unloading the redonkulously poor quality useless tool…

DO NOT BUY

Went for this a short bit ago. Only wish I’d waited till now due to the price. I love mine. It’s quite responsive, despite the range being shorter than advertised (less than 20 feet through whatever my wall’s are made of (50 feet at least in the open air though). The software is pretty cool…it really needs a dev kit though. Very promising product and I’m in for two (totaling 6 overall).

I got mines a couple months back for about the same price, and I am happy with it, it doesn’t move in straight lines but you can change the shake sensitivity and that makes a noticeable difference. I am in for two!

They forgot the 3 Heys in the product descripction.

Own one, got it here works on Mac, Vista, XP, 2000 its a hid mouse auto loading and will prolly work just fine on linux as that the remote using the same driver does.
Its over the top cool for HTPC use and lazy boy kicked back laptoppin.
Only thing ever happened to mine was bat door borke from being in my pocket, Gyration replaced in 3days no questions asked. Sucks for games though…

I own a gyration mouse and keyboard combo.

I use a projector for my computer, and sit on the couch while I surf. For obvious reasons, using a mouse on the couch is a difficult task. That was when I purchased a gyration mouse. It really has suited all my needs. At first, it felt awkward in my hand and made me uncomfortable. However, after a week of use it becomes second nature. I’m still using it as my mine mouse over a year later.

The bundled software lets you use the air mouse as a pen on the screen, which is great for presentations and projects.

All I can say is GREAT for projectors, and GREAT for presentations!