Gyration GyroTransport Air Mouse with 1GB USB Drive

Price comparator post - Manually-optimized searches for relevant results

New Gyration GyroTransport Air Mouse with 1GB USB Drive, for $34.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Gyration GYT8101US GyroTransport Air Mouse with 1 GB USB Flash Drive

[list][]Manual price comparator for Gyration GyroTransport Air Mouse with 1GB USB Drive
[
]Single-click comparison for this product[/list]http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

4 stars on Amazon. That’s good…
http://www.amazon.com/Gyration-GYT8101US-Gyrotransport-Air-Mouse/dp/B000ODN36G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1221109216&sr=8-1

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Gyration GyroTransport Air Mouse with 1GB USB Drive
$34.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product: 1 Gyration GYT8101US GyroTransport Air Mouse with 1 GB USB Flash Drive

Err, ok, what is it?

Is this any good with Media Player?

I love these things! They are great for presentations. They take a while to master, but well worth it.

There is also the ‘Hey, what’s that?’ factor. Most people are so impressed by a new tech gizmo that they seem to take the presentation more seriously.

I bought this for 5 dollars more with a 512 instead…Its really good for powerpoints

These are really quite nice, I got one in the Woot-off; but as they’re not the sort of thing to go last-man-standing with, I’ll not be buying this time.

Feel free to ask any questions…

I purchased one the first time woot! had offered it for a few bucks more. Never could get it to work with XP64. But the mouse did end up flying through the air.

So it’s basically a remote control?

Would it be worthwhile for casual use on a laptop? Looking for something to replace touchpad use and these always looked interesting when I see em on Woot.

Bought one on Woot off. Works well but takes some getting used to

Is it good for everyday laptop use or just powerpoints?

with the included software, can you program the buttons to say, switch songs?

Wii controller for the web!
Not interested.

I bought one of these last time woot listed them last year. It works great for its purpose: a presentation mouse. You control it like a wii remote.

It has magic inside so you can hold it in mid air and control your mouse pointer based on how you move around the mouse in your hand. You don’t have to use it like a laser pointer and aim it where you want it, just simply tilt it like you would the wii remote.

I bought it thinking I could sit on the sofa with my laptop and surf the net without having to have a hard surface for a mouse. Yes it worked. Was it easier than using the track pad… no. As a means of controlling my media center PC it is still functional. I usually am not doing much clicking on it. Just starting a movie, changing songs or hitting the play button on YouTube.

Just keep in mind its consistency or accuracy are not spectacular. It is very functional as a presentation remote though.

This is how much I paid for mine and if I could go back I would buy another. It is kinda fun if nothing else to have plugged into the computer and sit behind your wife and randomly move the mouse cursor or close the window she just opened. It is small and you can keep it in your pocket so she won’t have any idea what is going on! Hours of entertainment! Even better than tape on the cats paws!

I got one earlier on woot, but could not use it comfortably. I found it hard to use when its up in the air, and found my wireless mouse (that stays on a surface) work better, if you really need to browse around. Maybe good for presentations, but I wanted to use it just to simple navigate Links on Web pages.

Tried to return it by sending email to Woot (for return instructions) but did not get any reply back. It’s just lying there on the table collecting dust, as I type this message.

Is it really like a Wii controler?

I have one and it’s great. I think it works best when needed to be used from a distance. A regular mouse is more effective if you’re sitting in front of your laptop. The only thing I don’t like is the battery compartment cover. I feel like I’m going to break it everytime I change batteries. Don’t get me wrong, it seems sturdy enough, it’s just an awkward setup.