Gyration GyroTransport Air Mouse with 512MB USB Drive

its works on a desk, in the air, ANYWHERE!

The 1 gig model is 139.99 on Tiger Direct…
Seems like a great deal, but I have no real use for it

The technologies that make up the Wii controller – gyroscope, accelerometer, IR camera, etc. – have been around for at least 10 years, many for decades. It certainly wasn’t this silly mouse that moved Nintendo.

I have a different version of the gyration mouse. Mine works on a desk too. Anyway, it is awesome. I have a computer hooked up to my HD TV. I can sit on the couch and control the computer (itunes, photo viewer, webTV). Very Cool.

If you have an HD TV, you should hook a computer up to it and buy this mouse. Half the time we just look at the picture screen saver and listen to itunes, instead of watching tv.

Im in for one!!

$88.24 at Buy.com. Two reviews and an in-hand picture there as well. This thing is about the size of a keychain. I have the desktop version. It works well.

How’s the sensitivity etc with these? This might be fun.

I looked on the gyration website and the new one says its universal (works on both mac/pc)

Does any one have this model or have a pico of the under side, does the usb drive fit into the mouse for storage/transport, or do you always have to keep track of both pieces ,

I have a bigger version of this mouse, I use it for my TV pc, the 100ft comes in handy and not having to have a hard surface is nice too

Tempting but I need a BlueTooth mouse like, let’s say, a Logitech V470. (hint, hint…)

2.4 ghz? I don’t think so…Lose use of the mouse each time the microwave is used, or my neighbor’s cheapo leak frogs go off…:slight_smile:

They are selling cheap on eBay too, this model and the model above this one are on ebay for $60, Tigerdirect.com has the 2.4ghz model refurb for $40

What is with the story that goes with the product? unreal…

I wonder if you can hack it into, like, a head tracker for VR or use it to measure skidpad Gees for autocross?

Instruction Manual

'Nuther youtube review is here…

Does this work on Linux? I have Ubuntu 7.10, 64 bit.

What about 64-bit Windows XP? What about Vista?

really tempted to get this one for giving lectures and whatnot, but that won’t be for another 3-4 years… at university right now. sigh. guess i’ll have to pass in favor of later, greater techs.

Are these things sensitive to movement or am I gonna tire out my arms flapping them around like I’m playing Wii sports?

i don’t really need one (who here doesn’t have a mouse) but I am tempted…

what to do… I mean… why not, right?