Gyration Home Theater Media Center Remote

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Gyration Home Theater Media Center Remote
$59.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Recertified
product(s): 1 Gyration Home Theater Media Center Remote GP2000-001

mouse and keyboard work just fine for my Media Center PC

booooooooo, I think 60$ for ANY remote is way overpriced… just walk over there

I have one and it works like a charm. Just have to bend your wrists a lot

Looks like a phaser from an old Star Trek episode.

Beam my up Scotty !!!

Recertfied? Is anything like Referbed? Oh well don’t need it either way. Night all.

BTW - I have one of these. Works as well and the blob-shaped ones. Has too many (sharp) angles to hold it in your hand long. But then, would you be constantly messing with your 'home entertainment system" or do you expect to get some use out of this with your computer… Also, the software feels rather “clunky”

Where is the podcast? It’s not showing up on the homepage! This could’ve been a REALLY good one. :frowning:

Man, I am so close to getting this. But, $65 for remote seems kind of hard for me to justify the expense. What should I do?

I run MythTV but think I’ll be sticking with my plain jane Hauppauge remote…

…HOWEVER… I gotta admit that is one spiffy box the thing comes in. LOL
(For those who haven’t yet, click the picture to see it.)

Anyone know if this will work with mythtv?

Hey - the copy says it’s $79.99 but it’s really only $59.99 – wonder why that is?

Matthew gets the weekend off. (Have a good one Matthew.)

What is the regular price of this thing?

recertified??? another way of saying refurbished…

$60 for a remote is way too much…

Whenever I see devices with this “Gyration” trend…I always remember the description of the controls for the TV/radio on the Heart of Gold…

Honest Angel: Yes, I notice we’re selling it for $79.99. As much as it pains me to say it, you’re right. That’s an unimpeachable bargain. Now all we need to do is compose the sales copy.

hurry! buy now before the price changes!

Never thought that a remote could be this expensive…
Considering the reputation that preceeds Gyration’s products, I’m skiping over this
Good night wooters

hmm, 65 for a remote, it don’t do laundry, clean the bathroom, or find itself when it gets lost…why not just get off the couch. Will it control the roomba?

Is this any better the microsoft remote? Is the range better? Gyration makes great remotes, but for the media center pc?