Gyration Home Theater Media Center Remote

I’ve had one of these (as part of a Gyration keyboard / “mouse” combo) I use with a front projection system connected to a computer for a couple years. It works perfectly for this, almost like using a laser pointer to control the mouse. Wouldn’t you know it, a week or so ago my kid showed me how the mouse remote no longer quite works right, so this is PERFECT timing for a replacement. Froogle shows these around $140 new? I don’t mind a refurb, especially at that kind of discount.

THANKS WOOT! Plus, I finally got to try the TAXSUCKS coupon code, and even got a bigger discount than the tax I paid (by a few pennies)!!

Meh…
The fisher-price blue doesnt match my home decor.
'night woot.

Both words mean the same without being used in a sentance. In other words, it’s not NEW. It’s like buying a used car, the dealer picks the adjectives for marketing appeal and for the demographics of the potential buyers…

I wonder how much truth to this there is…

"System Requirements: IBM compatible PC running Windows XP Media Center Edition "

Buy.com says…

“OS Required - Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition”

If this is true, this one requirement will make most people not buy it I believe…

I assume from the description that this can be used with the same receiver as the Gyration Ultra suite sold a few months ago?

I have 3 of the Gyration mice and they work well although it is actually a bit more tiring to wave your hand around in mid-air and learn all new click / drag / click sequences. Using a regular mouse is much better so I don’t plan to use the mice very often but they will be nice for meetings, presentations, or PC usage via the projecter whenever I set it up. Overall I agree with other wooters - this media center remote is priced too high.

I was also counting on the woot-off to begin tonight. If they start it on Sunday night I am going to be p_ssed. Might be better for them to do it during the week so they can be there to babysit the servers and respond to issues but they need to remember that wooters have to work to pay for all these gadgets so we can’t afford to skip our jobs and go without sleep for 3-4 days during the week. If the woot-off doesn’t start soon and they keep posting lame items like the salad tosser and grossly over-priced items like this remote then I am going to protest by spending the cash I have save at another site… :slight_smile:

the gyration mouse i bought off woot came in a package similar to that
k, im tired g’night from minneapolis

Have you seen the movie, “Click”? Reminds me of that.
Only if it did the same thing. :slight_smile:

Some comparison links for ya’ll…
SecretPrices … $99.99

[url=http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=Gyration+GP2000-001+Remote+Control&btnG=Search&lmode=online&price1=&price2=150.00&scoring=p]Froogle[/url ] … $127

This thing is sold under RCA brand for $175 @ Amazon!.
Just got my e1505 laptop w/ XP Media Center. Popped in a T2700 (smokes D955 in Sandra!)
Yeah, I’ll give this baby a go
“Pulls Trigger”

A modern screwtape letters…

or, wait as long as possible for the price to drop further!

But do you get the box, since this is ‘recertified’?

I’ll wait until the price drop or they sell NEW ones or BOTH!

recertified…refurbished…returned…reboxed…they all mean the same thing when it comes down to it…some one else had enough sense to send an unwanted-for-whatever reason item back.

some may now work…but refurbs aren’t something I want to gamble on

Can you hold this thing like a rifle and play first person shooter games on your big screen??? Oh the joy this could bring. But for 65 bucks, I’d rather buy a Red Rider BB gun and terrorize the naighborhood birds.

Oooooh. Re-certified.

I’m guessing that’s marketing speak for Gently Used. But it sure does sound all fancy and technical and stuff!

Actually, I’ve got the gyration keyboard/mouse combo, and When my parents went out of town, I hooked up my fragbox to the projector and surround sound. It’s incredible. It really teaches you how to have a steady hand and if you practice at it, you can pWnz0r on Battlefront. (or anygame for that matter) I’ve got a refurb gyration and it works like a charm just remember to put it on the charger when you aren’t useing it because If you leave it sitting off for a coupla days it’ll drain the batteries

This would be really swell if I needed one. The only thing is, I have absolutely no idea what the heck this thing does or why anybody would need one…but then, I don’t know what a “Home Media Center” is, either…is that anything like a TV set?

What are you talking about???

digbydriver, here’s what all the ‘media center’ buzz means.
it means that you have a computer with a TV Tuner card in it. this card enables your PC to receive TV signals (usually over RF or RCA, and new expensive HD cards will have component jacks). then, you can either hook your computer up to a normal monitor, or you can go buy an HDTV and hook it up to that. so you watch shows and browse the web all from the same set-up.

make any sense?