H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe Federal + State 2023

H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe Federal + State 2023

3 Likes

Interesting to see that mot of the 1-star reviews complained hat they had NO IDEA what to do with a .ZIP file!

6 Likes

Hey WOOT IT Would be nice if there was a link to the download set your setting me the code via email and stop putting in the description what’s in the box cause it misleads people thinking you’re going to get the CD or DVD and you don’t get check you get Woot

3 Likes

You mean this?

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

7 Likes

I was part of the original set that bought this before the link had been ironed out and posted, but for any weary buyers out there - I can assure you that Woot will take care of you.

@Froodyfrog’s instructions above are correct and I was able to download and activate without issue.

5 Likes

I would LOVE to try the software but have NEVER received the activation code. Has anyone else had this issue??? Customer service has NOT been very responsive. Would love some help…not getting it from WOOT.

1 Like

Things to try:

Check your order history and see if it’s listed there.
If you’ve got gmail, log in through the internet site and check all the folders. They’ve been filtering out mail from Woot.
Check your spam. Woot emails go there pretty often.
They’ll send the link to the email address listed on your Woot account. If that’s different from your Prime account, that’s why you don’t see the email. Same goes for customer service emails.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

4 Likes

Does it take a couple days to receive the code like it says, or does it Come soon after purchase? Thanks wanting to do ours this evening

4 Likes

Too bad I bought this a week ago from the mother ship, for only a few bucks more.

As for the software, we’ve used H&R Block for 6 or 7 years. The Amazon rebate started off at 5% and has dropped yearly by 0.5-1%… I wouldn’t call it the easiest or most intuitive software, but we’ve been able to file without problem. A weird quirk is they charge extra, something like $10-15, to e-file in Iowa, so we’ve just printed it off and mailed it. Not sure if that’s an Iowa thing or H&R Block thing…but mailing has been fine for us. Still a deal compared to Tubo Tax and others.

5 Likes

I’ve used H&R Block’s online (browser-based) filing but have never downloaded the software before. Seems like the download option is cheaper, but are there any drawbacks? One reason I’ve used their online filing is that I can easily transfer my info from last year’s return. Is that possible with the download?

2 Likes

@Wooter943413345 Hi there. I private messaged you the key. Sorry for the problems.

@Wooter794281307 I do not see an order on the account you’re posting from.

2 Likes

How many days have y’all had to wait to receive your code?

2 Likes

You should see it within 1-2 business days.

1 Like

Yes, using the same computer and the default selection as last years installation, will copy last year’s return information .

2 Likes

Does use of this software require that you give all personal info to H&R Block including eg DOBs and Social Security numbers?

1 Like

Yes it does.

1 Like

I purchased two days ago and didn’t realize until this morning that the “Your order has shipped!” email shows a “tracking number” that is apparently the Activation Code for the software, which is re-stated/confirmed in my Order History. Sorta confusing especially as it also projects I’ll receive something a week from tomorrow!?

Never bought anything from woot before that was a download, but if they continue to sell downloads they should make this a bit less confusing.

1 Like

They did. They even made it orange. Did you skim over it? Any suggestions on what might work better? I think other people are missing it too.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

1 Like

Thank u to you to those who figured out how to download this. I think the instructions could have been clearer with the link highlighted for us lost in the zone.

1 Like

Good comment thanks. Clearly Woot’s “Woo hoo! Your Woot order’s a-comin’! #12345678” email is automatically composed, and it confused me what with the " Look out! Your order has shipped!" and “up, up, and away…” and “One package completes your order.” and etc.

If they can’t readily make a different email for these downloadable software products, another thought is maybe just to change the Orange Box to state more clearly e.g. “Your activation code will be shown as your Tracking Number in the “Woo hoo! Your Woot order’s a-comin’!” email confirmation you’ll receive within a few business days.”

When I saw that email I thought some mistake had been made and Woot was sending me a DVD after all.