Hahn Estates 2009 Grenache - 3 Pack

Not a member of the Hahn family and I personally have no idea, but your premise about crop levels on grenache and how it relates to quality is an interesting one . . .

Grenache does want to grow ‘like a weed’ unless you work hard to make sure it doesn’t. This involves your watering regime, the rootstock and clone chosen, pruning, and trimming of ‘wings’ after veraison.

Hope someone from Hahn talks about this in particular . . .

Cheers.

Ditto. I just finished my last bottle of the R2 “Rhapsody” blend and if that comes up again I’m in for at least 2.

Me thinks the wine tastes better…

Does anyone who knows how this Hahn would compare to the Esoterica which was offered here earlier this year?

The only Esoterica from Kent Rasmussen I see is a Grenache Rose that was offered earlier this year . . . and this offering is for a red grenache.

Totally different beasts - but hopefully equally as enjoyable to you (-:

Hope that helps … . .

Cheers!

Man Hahn should pay you commision for you answering everything. Now I’m even more curious if I just had a bad bottle of your offering. Oh well maybe I will make it out to cali at some point

hiya! I’m sitting in for our usual correspondent “Rooster Booster” today. Because well, I was foolish enough to let him go on his honeymoon. In other words, I am the official Hahn guy today.

Soooo, this wine is a tasting room only wine. it usually sells at around $25 bucks. The $12 price point represents what you might find our larger release items priced at.

Also, this wine was very limited production. All from our Hook vineyard at the Hahn SLH Estate. We have about 2.5 acres of Grenache that we initially planted as an experiment in 2005. Huge success. And we’re planting over 24 more acres in Hook.

Our Santa Lucia Grenache benefits from the long, cool growing season, gets very intense color, with white pepper and believe it or not blueberry notes.

Hiya, so the vines were planted in 05. this was the second crop from this block. Yields? You’ve stumped this chump. But, I’m checking.

Thanks @Tercerowines for chiming in! Commission? I think not! Glass of Grenache some time? you betcha!

Welcome Phil!

Cesare?

Rat reports, please?

Deal - next Rhone Rangers event or perhaps HdR . . .

Sounds like a plan Larry! And this is me:

Philip C. Woodrow
Hahn Family Wines
(o) 707.226.2463
@hahnwines @gladiatorwine @philular

This would be why I coulnd’t find any reviews. Outside of my just try it range but you are within my “Drive to on a day off” range. Perhaps I will try it in the tasting room.

Better act sooner rather than later - the ball is bouncing . . .

I didn’t get any for this.

Thanks for the information!