Haier 32" 720p LCD HDTV

It’s still an LCD TV, it just has an LED backlight. However, the LED backlight has non-picture related advantages. It’s much more energy efficient and the TV itself is able to be much slimmer/lighter.

That said, I’m thinking the Westinghouse is the best deal, but I’m no expert on this stuff.

Seeing that both brands have been known to use the Sony tv code, probably very much alike.

Hate to say it, but bestbuy almost always has Dynex 32" LCD for 199.99. No sale needed. Model looks similar even.

I have one sitting in my house now. Been in use for about 6 months with no issues.

Sorry woot. :confused: find me a 50" under 400 and I’m in.

Retrevo says $250 is about fair price for these TVs. Ratings are “so so”.

Most reviews say its great value (considering that I paid 800 for my Philips some 5 years ago. Wow has it really been that long?). But a common complaint is ghosting (this is 60 Hz after all). Also, those encountered problems with their TV complained about customer service being too scripted and refuses to solve the problem rather than going through the script.

It’s viewing angle is less than ideal. But hey, it’s not IPS.

Anyway, Haier is one of the most successful electronics companies in China, and certainly more innovative (they made a Washer with a toaster oven wtf?). So far they are primarily know in the US for their quality but cheap mini fridge. At 200 bucks, I think it’s worth a try.

Your eyes cant see anything faster than 60hz , 120hz is required for 3D because the screen needs to alternate images effectively halving the refresh rate that you see back to 60hz

I like woot more than that other 1sale website, but I would go with the new Westinghouse over this refurb. 1 year v 90 days warranty… I don’t have much else to base it on. I’ve at least heard of Westinghouse, the others (Haier and AOC) I haven’t, but that doesn’t mean they don’t make a decent TV. This deal has me wanting to buy, but I don’t need… not even sure where I’d put it and it’s too big to hide fromthe wife. lol

That’s what manufacturers want you to think so that you will run out and replace your TV. Calling a TV LED is really stupid since LED TVs are LCD TVs. The difference is how the TV is backlit. The old way to do it was to use a fluorescent light. Now most companies are switching to LED. LEDs are more efficient. So they use less electricity. As a side benefit they also run cooler. Edge lit TVs, which is all budget LED TVs, work just like the old TVs. There are LEDs on the edges that light up the entire panel. The more expensive LED TVs have an array of LEDs behind the panel and the LEDs can be dimmed and turned off to enhance the TVs contrast. Those are superior, but not as common.

With that said, I would stay away from these cheap 32" TVs. Check the reviews. There are enough bad reviews for all of them to make me want to wait.

This woot SUCKS. You can get a decent 32" at Target NEW for that price without the shipping. Look else where first!

My wife and I bought one a little over a year ago and have had no trouble with it at all. We are not gamers so
I can not speak to that but we’ve watched lots of different TV shows, DVDs, etc. Ours was purchased from Amazon and was delivered in a simple cardboard box. I would recommend it.

I agreeing with this question (is that possible!?).

I miss the good old days of Woot. This just isn’t a deal… certainly not as a refurb.

That said, I’d trust a Haier over a westinghouse and possibly over a vizio.

You are a marketers dream. “That one has more hertzes and p’s!!”

I work the overnight shift and am toddling off to dreamland now but I want to take the time to thank everybody who helped me understand my choices and didn’t tell me GFWI.

Thank You.

This 32" from Westinghouse seems like a better deal.

Same TV more or less, but a better brand name.

Agree? Disagree?

I bought one of these for the same price that wasn’t a refurb. No complaints so far. Had it about a year now.

Sorry about the the lame post.Started my weekend early last night.I am happy with the Haier ac unit that I purchaced from woot.

$200
Seiki 32" 1080p Widescreen LCD HDTV for $200 + free shipping
Sears offers the Seiki 32" 1080p Widescreen LCD HD Television, model no. LC-32G82, for $199.99 with free shipping. That’s the lowest total price we could find by $97 and among the best prices we’ve seen for any 32" 1080p HDTV, although it was a buck less in June (since expired). Sales tax is added where applicable. Features include 1920x1080 (1080p) resolution, 6,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 4.5ms response time, 400 cd/m² brightness, three HDMI inputs, and VGA and other video inputs. Deals ends August 25.

If it came down between Haier and Westinghouse, I would choose Haier.

Then again, I’m basing it on other appliances, and Haier seems to be the more reliable with those products, and this room is really comfortable with the Haier air conditioner I have blasting right now!

We like happy folks! Glad to hear you’re enjoying it.

HAve to agree that this is NOT a good price for a refurb with 90 day warranty when you can buy NEW with 1 year warranty a 1080P model for comparable price.
Sceptre 32" 1080p LCD HDTV for $210 + free shipping
Walmart continues to offer the Sceptre 32" 1080p Widescreen LCD HD Television in Black, model no. X325BV-FHD, for $209.98 with free shipping. That’s tied with last week’s mention, $90 off list, and the lowest total price we’ve seen for a Sceptre 32" 1080p HDTV. Sales tax is added where applicable. It features a native resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p), 5,000:1 contrast ratio, 400 cd/m² brightness, 6.5ms response time, USB, three HDMI inputs, and other video inputs.