Haier 45-Pint Dehumidifier - White

That is my thinking also. So if I was to get one now my warranty is up a few months before I would even use it. If I wait until June or July to get one, I’m pretty sure it’s going to cost more.

Thank god! My humidifier makes the air too humid. If I run this dehumidifier at the same time, that should fix the problem, right?

I had two Haier dehumidifiers die on me a few years back. The first one quit working within a month. The second one lasted the entire summer, but when I turned it on the next spring (I didn’t really need it during the winter) the compressor wouldn’t kick on. At that point I decided to never buy another Haier product again.

I bought an LG and haven’t had any problems with it at all.

If you want the hose option look for an AC/Dehumidifier, You can switch from Ac to Dehumidify and drain it to your sink or outside or into the pan. IMO for about $70 more that is the way to go

Be very careful buying this. Read all the negative reviews at Amazon and other places. This machine is noisy, and basically only works for a short period of time, if you get one that does work. And then customer service is terrible, especially if you don’t keep the receipt. There are better dehumidifiers that you can get, and that may actually work. Good luck!

Read the reviews for the Haier unit mentioned above, on their OWN web page. There are 4 reviews and 2 of the 4 basically say that unit sux and to not buy one. That really instills confidence! They talk about having an office in the USA, but are silent about where this unit is actually manufactured.

We’ve owned several Haier dehumidifiers, none of which worked properly. Customer service was nonexistent. At one point, they replaced a defective unit with one that was obviously used; one which was most likely returned, sent to us with parts missing and in worse condition than the one we had originally. Would not buy ANYTHING with this brand name. Just one family’s experience.

Had a similar experience with the Haier dehumidifier last year. Very frustrating and time consuming working with the customer service department. Finally had to write letters and file a compliant with the BBB. I too will stay away from this brand. The prices may look tempting, however the quality and endurance of their products makes this brand a risky purchase.