Halberd 31-Piece Roadside Emergency Kit

The jumper cables are definitely not Scottish (c r a p). I bought one of these last go around, and regret it. Had to use the jumper cables, and I swear there is more copper in your iPod headphones.

Defnite pass. If it were a Woot off, I’d say buy 3!

DO NOT BUY!!!

Its all cheap plastic crap made in china or mexico. The cables are about the size of mouse cords and could maybe jump a lawn mower. The wrenches look like toys and crack easily. Save your money…

have to say… woot’s absolutely dead on with the as-advertised!
hahahaha great product description!

Is there a nuclear fall out I don’t know about? Chargers, now an emergency kit.

I got this for free when I signed up for my checking account but have not tried it. Except not hardshell case.

I bought this exact kit a few months ago for the same price. They’re not that great. It might be okay to have in an absolute emergency but it’s not better for more than a few uses.

I do need a roadside emergency kit for my car, but judging from the other posts and what this kit actually includes, I think I’ll pass on this one

woot,you have hit complete rock bottom with this,them cables would not carry enough juice to drive a piss ants motorcycle around a bb.

Bought some last time. They are cheap, but I’ve needed it once for the cables and once for the pliers for a lose battery terminal.

Both did the trick, but don’t go expecting top of the line.

I had to leave the cables connected for five minutes or so prior to starting the vehicle since it wouldn’t carry enough juice to jump start it immediately, but it did work.

If you don’t have a kit like this, I say go for it. Even if it is so cheap that you only get one use out of it, you will be blessing Woot the day you need it!

Reggie

I bought two of these the last time they where on Woot. Here’s a real case of “You Get What You Pay For” !! These at minimum are something I wouldn’t put in my car because I KNOW the pieces WILL BREAK at the time I need them most. STAY AWAY FROM THIS JUNK!!! Go to Target and spend a few more bucks for something significantly better in quality.

Any idea how big this is? Those of us with Miata’s value what little trunk space we have.

I got one of these with my Random Crap from the beginning of the month. The tools seem kind of low quality, and the jumper cable shorter than most, but it fits nicely in the trunk of my car. All in all, it’s worth the 8 bucks.

These are ok. I got three last time. I think the cables are a little short, but for the price, I think this kit is better than having nothing.

The other tools are kinda just there. I am not sure how they would help. I suppose the sockets are big enough to help take out a battery or a part, but the sockets are not big enough for most car lug nuts.

Not a bad woot, but you are not getting a great set of jumper cables for 7.99. But I have used them twice now and they did the job. I do not think these would be good enough for high amp batteries. The wires are thin.

Thanks for heads up that this is crap:(

I need some cables can anyone recommend a good set for not much loot ?
please

SO sad!
Got a set of these during a prior sale and was disappointed in the overall quality.
Looks pretty, but …

The cables are doing VERY well…

Now if the product was called:

Halberd 31-Piece Roadside Dentistry Kit

I would have to buy 3.

(Sung to “Ain’t no mountain high enough” or something like that)

Ain’t no barrel deep enough
Ain’t no pile high enough
Ain’t no conscience big enough
To keep us from sellin’ it to you…

Ain’t no piece of kra*p bad enough
Ain’t no reeferb greasy enough
Ain’t no garbage bad enough
To keep us from sellin’ it to you…

We always think you’re dumb enough
When times are getting tough enough
When buying gas is getting rough enough
To stop us from doin’ this to you…

(OK, this is bad enough already and I’m starting to run out of stuff that doesn’t pass scansion in the first place. I guess there might be a bit of something in the kit that might be valuable enough to justify the usual price plus shipping, but somehow I dont it. Not that woot! doesn’t occasionally come up with some useful when you don’t -use- them for their intended purpose: like the “electrically heated take-it-anywhere blanket.” Once you’ve decided to ignore “the box” and the blanket, that still leaves you with a fairly decent battery and charger. It only keeps one of those mega-beam lamps going for about 1/2 hour, but in the mean time it definitely provides enough light.

Back to your regularly scheduled nonsense.

I know this will work with a standard mac, but could I somehow get an adapter to jump my i-phone if it dies?

there is nothing of value in this kit by the way - save your $ and buy a nice pair of jumper cables if you don’t have any… or go ahead and waste your money - I dont care

It only has metric sockes…No standards. FYI