Halberd 45-Piece Portable Tool Tote

Maybe worth it if you get three…however the components that make up this package suspiciously look very similar to the items you can get at the dollar store.

I think that’s a perfect use.

I don’t see people needing to compare this set with anything that one would even buy at discount store.

Obviously it’s a cheaply made set of items. I don’t know about anyone else, but I have a few thousand dollars worth of tools. No way I would compare these to even one item that I have in my boxes. I certainly would not buy these with the expectation that they would compare to even my cheapest wrench or screwdriver.

But I know a lot of people who do not have tools, don’t know how to use them and it’s an event and challenge if they have to use a screwdriver. There’s no way I am giving them any of my tools to keep in a drawer, only to be used once a year, if that. Besides, that would be a waste and a shame to see a set of quality tools sitting in a drawer unused.

These are ideal for kids too, to learn how to use each tool. To learn how to measure, learn what the different tools are, their names, etc. And when he loses the bits or breaks something, it won’t be a big deal at all. But at 13 he may be old enough to be responsible, so a better tool set might be in order. Maybe if he was 8 or 9 this might be better suited for him. At 13 he is ready to start working on cars and other challenging things. At that age I might consider letting him start with a nice tool box of his own and each year getting him some nice tools, a few at a time.

I bought 2 of these last time they wooted. Box came in the mail with extra sockets rolling around, but still did not get a full set. So watch out, some settling may occur during shipping…

Still liked the set though.

most likely, and if he breaks somethin, just be like… “Whoa!? Way to go Muscles!! You are so strong!”

im sure it will make him smile :slight_smile:

I bought this and its Crap , dont even bother …

Ten bucks for that is way too much. Should say garbage bag (garbage included).

what a joke

be careful using cheap tools. You can end up causing more damage than you save. Unless people are always stealing your tools, or if you’re just hacking at things of little precision or value… don’t do it!

You missed the most obvious reason to buy them. Birthday/Christmas gifts for your worthless brother-in-law.

One more Obvious reason to woot this:

Its the perfect companion to the Roomba, as it needs a bit 'o tweezering, plyering and in general, cleanering-ing between its cleaning missions.

I could see this coming in handy for the pouch. I bet I could dig around and fill it with extras of all the decent tools I have in the spare tool box.

That being said, I’d still go to dollar tree like suggested earlier.

Yum. Maybe I should buy for my wife

I just purchased this same tool kit at a local store for 4.99 last week.

I bought 3 last time to use as stocking stuffers. The carry case doesn’t hold everything inside the case, yet alone in its place. No, I don’t rhyme all the time…on purpose. :slight_smile:

I second the opinion that these are not gift worthy. I cannibalize from the three kits I have as loaner tools, or disposable tools that I don’t mind not having to bring home.

I read the description and wonder…
How long is the tape measure?
Does it come with tweezers?

I would not say these are not good for children or anyone for that matter. These are cheep tools that will break and could possible damage something including the operator. It would be better to get yourself some new quality tools and let your son use your older tools.

I think I got something similar at Walgreens for like $5. They are useful, but they are what they are: cheap tools. That being said, you can never have too many tools.

very bad woot. very, very bad woot. (a la Dr. Cox)

[EDIT] oops, he was calling JD a “filthy boy” not “very bad boy”; my bad

Hey, its a bag o crap! :slight_smile:

finally … i can get one! haha j/k …

seriously tho, can’t pass this up … hopefully it lasts a little longer than my last super-cheap set of tools. still though, i’d rather lose a crappy set than a nice one.

Yeah this really is a bag of crap! Metal crap at that!

http://www.mahcat.com