Hall Wines 2004 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Duo

Love the video…nice touch! I always enjoy participation from the winery, and the video allows for early & even more personal introductions. I’m hoping to hear from wooters as well in regards to experience & knowledge of Hall.

Try Husch in the Anderson Valley as well as Navarro.

Could someone explain to me what to expect differently from a California Cab in contrast to other regions?

Beyond its use as a marketing buzzword, does “sustainably-farmed” mean anything? I couldn’t find any solid info on the website. Are there guidelines to be followed, as with “certified organic,” or can any yokel utilize the phrase?

Me too. Was it a case of nerves? Or had they done so many takes he was getting sloppy :wink:

I’ll second Navarro.
http://www.navarrowine.com/main.php

If the wine ships to your state from the winery (but not WOOT) join the club - the same price is offered to members as for wooters( actually 59.50 for 2 bottles at their 15% off). Just shipping will be different. No love for MA either! Nice vid! Oh - I looked again - you would have to cancel the club, they ship monthly!

Head up to the Dry Creek Valley as well.

Quivira
Ferrari Carrano
Lambridge

And I forget the vineyard that makes Poizin, but ask anybody there and they will direct you there…awesome wine, on wine.woot a few months back.

Have a blast!

I haven’t tried the Hall Cabernet, but I would like to hear from the vineyard as to how this compares to their Kathyrn Hall Sacrashe Vineyard Cab. I bought two of the '99 (have one left); it is one of the most elegant Cabernets I have ever had.

Shouldn’t there be three bottles in the picture at this price?

I have had the Hall Merlot oh about 1000 times and I look forward to support making these guys as rich as hell. After saying all this, I could swear I have seen this cab before so how exactly is it a woot launch?? Maybe someone could help me stay informed on what woot launch means.

Possibly it’s the 2003 you’ve seen before and this is the launch of the 2004 for sale outside of the winery?

No love for NJ.

You win. I was indeed over-analyzing. It sure did seem like the Caton 2002 cab fit all of those cluers, though.

Or Indiana, so I’m out this week. Maybe thats wine woot’s secret way of showing my wallet some love.

Nice touch with the video! That is great. Tempted to pick up a pair, but if I buy anymore wine, it may lead to divorce papers.

Corrado,

I never realized you were a Vermonter. I too was from the Green Mtn State until just recently when I moved to NC. 28 years of cold and snow under my belt. I was glad to see that Ferrell Dist and Baker Bros could not stop the shipment of wine to Vermont and wish it had happened sooner.

I spent a year in Southern Vermont in the mid 80’s as a ski bum and use to hang out with the owner’s daughter of The Hermitage, which at the time had one of the top 10 wine cellers in the country. She was quite a wine expert and taught me a great deal.

Here’s Wine Spectator’s take on past vintages of this wine.

2003 - Pleasant, if a bit rustic, with firm earth, currant and berry flavors. Ends on a tannic note. Drink now through 2009. 4,873 cases made. –JL Score: 83

2002 - A solid effort, with a tasty core of currant, sour cherry, mineral, sage and herb notes that are balanced and well-proportioned. Finishes with a sense of complexity and depth. Drink now through 2012. 2,129 cases made. –JL Score: 88

2001 - A dense, concentrated style, with firm espresso, currant and earthy cedary notes along with mineral, sage and dusty berry scents. Firmly tannic, too, but on the finish the flavors push through. Best from 2005 through 2012. 633 cases made. –JL Score: 88

83 in 2003? I thought 2003 was a good year.

Hopefully I don’t get on probation for my reply, but there are a ton of great wineries in the dry creek valley area. Personally, I like to visit Ridge (for zin), Papapietro Perry (great pinots), Lambert Bridge (make everything from sav blanc to zins to merlot to red blends), Rochioli (goes w/ out saying, but you may be able to scoop up some of their pinot from the tasting room this time of year), and Wilson Winery is awesome (great zins and cabs). All of these vineyards are pretty close to each other, just oustside of Healdsburg. Have fun while the rest of us slave away at the office…

Has anyone tried the 2004 Dead Arm Shiraz (Syrah) by d’Arenberg. I have heard that it is the best since the 2001. If so any comments would be greatly appreciated.