Hallmark Card Studio Deluxe 2015

I bought this software the last time it was sold in mid September. When I received it I couldn’t get it to install (Win 8.1), it would just spin up my dvd drive but even after letting it spin for 15 minutes there was no discernable progress or activity regarding the install. I began thinking about returning it but decided to look online before giving up. I read online many had trouble installing, some saying it took an hour or more spinning in their drive before the install process even initiated and then took a long time to install once it did, others said it wouldn’t install even after waiting that time. I finally decided to copy the contents of the DVD to my laptop and run setup from there. Well, within 20 minutes I had the program installed including one update which the program identified as being available.

NOTE: This software is NOT produced by Hallmark and, from all I’ve read, you will want to avoid any communication with the company that produced it, especially registration. Apparently the company, once they get you on their mailing list, will bombard you with sales literature, etc. and will not respond to unsubscribe requests.

Hope someone finds this info. helpful and saves them from the frustration I went through. The program is really quite nice and offers a great deal of variety. It’s well worth the $9.99!