Hamilton Beach Ensemble 14-Speed Blender

haha. i don’t want one but i shoulda known something like the blender would be the woot :slight_smile: at the rate the stars game is going (going into 3rd OT) everyone who buys one might get it before the game is over. GO STARS!!

margaritas should not be made with a blender

I’ve had this blender in an earlier format for nearly 10 years now. I don’t break it out too often now, but I used to use it weekly. Yes, Hamilton Beach is one of the least expensive brands of blender, but don’t let that stop you. This thing works great, can blend smoothies and crush ice easily (some stirring may be involved).

The fact is, I’d buy it if I needed one, but the one I’ve had since college still works great, even if I only use it once in a blue moon, which should be a testament to how well it works (try using a car everyday, then not for years, then using it intermittently again). Plus, if it’s like mine, the parts are washable. Good stuff Woot! Don’t let the naysayers fool you.

In summary, It can haz blend 4 loooong tyne.

If you happen to need a red blender, it’s $47.10 at Amazon, it’s a great deal… http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-54243H-Ensemble-Blender/dp/B0012XJ3VQ/

DON’T BUY THIS THING!!! We got a Hamilton Beach blender for our wedding and couldn’t WAIT until we could afford to get a Kitchen Aid! You get what you pay for, and don’t try to make smoothies in them unless you want to be doin’ half the work yourself with a spoon!!!
Don’t make this a mother’s day gift either… they deserve better.

Works great with Macintosh
, and Granny Smith
, and Gala
, and Yellow Delicious!

Milk, cinnamon, apple and a dash of brandy

Oh man, these recipes in the product description are cracking me up. Make the drink, then pour it in the toilet and drink something a respectable adult “should” drink. hahaha

ive already got 1 its black tho.
its about the same as an oster, and its NOT cordless.
it has held up for about 25 days of protein shakes, frapachinos, smoothies, and shakes.
i paid $30ish at target.

Amazon market has reviews ,im in for one…
http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000GHGKTW/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?_encoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

This particular model is too new to rate, but Consumer Reports was not kind to other Hamilton Beach models in its June 2007 article. The best model reviewed scored a 60/100 overall and was particularly noted as being very poor at making smoothies and poor at making a smooth puree. The worst model reviewed scored a 48/100 and had similar ratings.

FWIW

Well I guess that for $19.99 you can’t go wrong :slight_smile:
For a light use it should be OK

I think I’ll sleep on it. Good night !

alright, and just in time for cinco de mayo… oh wait, they’re shipping smartpost!

haha I just decided not to buy a blender at the store last week in hopes that woot would eventually sale one. w00t ftw.

oooooh! I want one 'cuz it’s red and shiny! Dang my Cuisinart - it refuses to die and be replaced!

Izzman89 - I am thinking the VERY same thing. My MIL’s blender is 30 years old and a huge eyesore - she keeps it right there on the counter. I asked her about it once and she said, “It still works fine.” Anybody think she’d be offended if I gave her a new one?

You never know about in-laws. Once you get them figured out, they change the rules of the game!

I’m not sure what one I’m looking at, but the online version of CR shows one HB that is superior in smoothies…
Hamilton Beach Wave Power Plus 54244…that model was average in other categories, but above average in puree. CR did not like the noise level.

Great Blender for a Fantastic price! Makes GREAT frozen beverages. Chops just about anything.

In 4 one. Thanks woot. Been watching slickdeals for months and woot comes to the rescue for my first summer of making drinks.

Here is the PDF manual, however generic it might be.

Your problem was stated rather vaguely.

Did the expiration date on your credit card change?
Has the card been revoked?
Are you logging in from a flaky IP address?
Is your email address something like “Moe_Hamid@scareway2heaven.com”?
Did you just dream about buying “one item once?”