Hammin' it Up

I own a Hennesey Hammock and absolutely love it. Its definitely high end, but I have used it everywhere I can find 2 trees. But I would not trust these cheap knock offs. A good hammock tent is well over $100.

Maybe for your kids these would work well, but at these price points I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

i bought a twenty dollar hammock off amazon last week as long as you keep sharp things out of your pocket you will be fine. i was swinging back and forth and having fun all was good

I would say no, “Holds up to 300 pounds”
Per manufacture specs. I
have 2 ENO hammocks and they are rated at 400lbs, spend the extra $10 and go with a real hammock maker, not what W.o.o.t.azon tells you to buy.

Can’t speak for this one, but my ENO Doublenest and Skeeter Beater are great, and made for hot weather. They use them in hte tropical latitudes, don’t they? I got my first hammock a little over a year ago. I live in south Louisana.
Hammock camping is actually quite a bit cooler than the alternatives. Being suspended means not only are you not lying on an insulating sleeping pad and bag in the dead heat of summer, but there’s room for a breeze to cool your tush as well. If you do sweat, the materials of the hammock should breathe and let it dry off, further cooling you. Hammock sleeping is also far drier than tent camping in many tents, as the condensation from your warm mammalian body has more escape routes. Unfortunately, at this price, I don’t know if these hammocks are much of a bargain. I got both of mine for not a whole lot more than these.

Also, the fabric of my hammocks is thin but tough, but is not slick or sticky. Don’t know what these are made of.

Unless you’re willing to sink heavy duty anchors into appropriately sturdy studs on each side of the room, don’t. I bought a hammock stand at academy to test my hammocks out indoors that takes up way more space than a bed. You should look for an inflatable sleeping pad like a thermarest. rolls up to nothing and just big enough to sleep on. or a futon. i rocked a futon on hte floor for a while after college. slept like a babe.

Length is more imprtant for comfort than width. Keep in mind that hammocks form a curve when you are in them. having your head and feet at the top of a u shape is not ideal.

That being said, I have found that lying at an angle, even a slight angle, across the hammock makes for a more level and comfortable night. A double wide gives you more room to angle.

Second on the ENO doublenest. It’s tough and swallows me at 5’9 and 200 (down from 220 wooh!). There’s plenty of length.

Permethrin will take care of that. Saturate the bottom with the stuff and let dry. No mosquitos. Of course, if I did it over again I would probably buy a hammock with a full bugnet as you suggest. I think I remember having a hard time finding an inexpensive one that would hold a lot of weight (over 400) and had a removable net.