Hand Blown Wine Decanter - Gift Week

When I first saw the little picture…before I clicked it to get to see the big one…it looked like a big shiny Red Ruby. I thought 'Wow. A big red ruby to sit next to our wine rack. Ok…it’s late and I need sleep. :happy:

Ahh, the long-suffering Mrs. S…

“intimate moments”

As if …

One the the best quotes from the rpm tour was a certain Mrs. [name withheld] declaiming “The decanters are not an albatross!”

I already have three of the WCC decanters, so I’ll pass for now…

– T
(p.s. And whoever it was who first came up with the “On the First Day of Woot-mas” song must be a genius!)

OK…so for some reason I don’t finish the 2 bottles I just decanted, what do I do with the dreggs …since this has no stopper? Air will turn this in 24 hours

yay my first w.w! purchase!! and you can totally buy stoppers, so no worries!

Suborder: Anthropoidea

Family: Hominidae

Genus: Homo**

Species: H. sapiens

Subspecies: H. s. sapiens

Edit: Sorry…REALLY bored at work tonight.

Got two and gifting one this year, so I’ll pass (but lose 8$) for buying two last week, Love it, obviously, esp with this:
WMF Vino filter
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006356N

2 bottles at one time? Wow!

Anyway, just pour the wine back into the original bottle and stopper it up really good! (You DID go in for the 3 Wine Woot Tools that included a bottle stopper - didn’t you?) But be sure you drink ASAP. As you noted - the wine has already been aerated.

I’ve used both the flush cut top and the angle cut top models. I like the angle cut better. I feel that I have more control over the pour. But I also don’t pour directly into glasses from the decanter. I find it too unwieldy. So I pour back into the bottle for serving after decanting.

try looking at it with your eyes open.

As others did, I looked at it with eyes open…and still can’t see the top! The photo is entirely washed out on top, to the point where all you can see is a faint hint of what the bottle looks like. Personally, I thought it was the new “stealth” wine decanter!

Nice of you to make such a wonderfully helpful suggestion, tho! (eye roll)

sorry to be so rude. i hadn’t had coffee yet. but now i’m 1/2 thru my 2nd mug of the morning. i don’t know, the photo is clear as day to me. maybe it’s your monitor settings…

This is the same style I have, it’s really easy to pour the wine from the decanter. It has great heft and it looks great also.

I’m using a laptop and had to tilt the screen way back to see the decanter. At first I thought, that’s weird, why is the decanter invisible. So if you’re using a laptop try tilting the screen.

Nah, they might just be a species :tongue:.

On a laptop this AM, and I saw the image just fine. Must be a sign, so I went for 2 - one for home, one for the condo @ Loon.

must…
not…
cross…
line…

Perhaps you can try turning the brightness on your monitor down, if you’d like to see things on the screen.

Time for a brightness/contrast adjustment or a new monitor! :slight_smile: