Hand Blown Wine Decanter

Have fun cleaning this puppy!

Good question!

Yes, this holds a Vinturi in the neck.

It is really difficult getting the hot water in the opening.

Quick answer: yes. Vinturi for a quick need. This for planning ahead.

You don’t need to use a Vinturi if you’re using a decanter. A vinturi is a quick way to pour wine form the bottle to the glass, exposing it to oxygen quickly. A decanter is used to pour the entire bottle of wine and exposing it before pouring it into the glasses. No need for both, it’s not going to make a difference.

What we need here is a decanter tastefully engraved with a flying monkey.

Despite its lack of embossed primate, I am buying one anyway. We broke one a while back, and the one we have left is semi-cheesy. This one looks study and nice.

hahaha

I’d like to see this. By which I mean I wish it wasn’t invisible.

Can’t have these woot-offs close to the holidays. broke the bank… let’s hope the decanter is the monkey omen of wine.woot and ends this unholy abomination

Not that these really need a selling pitch, but aside from decanting well and being rather visually pleasing, these are REALLY durable.

My mischievious cat jumpeded off the top of my fridge and on to the counter, knocking this onto the hardwood floor. It survived the fall without a crack or scratch on it!

Next one should be second week of December. Maybe a little earlier for holiday shipping. They’ve been coming about every 2 months.

yer funny…

Good to know- that’s how I lost my last one…but this one is much better- as for the question re: holding a magnum- the pic probable has just 1 bottle- I’d think a magnum would fill it pretty full and kind of defeat the purpose of a decanter. But I’ve never tried, so I could be wrong

One does not necessarily exclude the other.

Mine took a tiny bump on the lip - so small I don’t even know that it happened. Created a 1-inch long crack starting from the lip and going down the body, and about three days a triangular piece broke off along that line.

Fortunately the break was clean and the decanter was usable, but if it gets hit in exactly the right spot it doesn’t take much to create some damage.

I’m kinda sad that we missed Black Tie Wednesday…

I only purchased one offer during the Woot-off. (The Corison Cabernet) Was holding out for more Albino Rhino and it never appeared!

At what point up to the neck does 1.5l of wine sit? Really curious about the surface area.

if it’s by hand, it’s not blown. i learned that in junior high.