Hand Crafted Wine Stave Candela

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
wooters.us! Oh, no! My face!

Hand Crafted Wine Stave Candela [New] - $24.99 + $5 shipping shipping

1 * Hand Crafted Wine Stave Candela

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Does this pair better with meat or cheese…

Where is the wine?

So pretty! Love it.

Nice!

This is cheaper than one I bought for my brother and his wife for x-mas at Costco (due to no tax here). Plus, it has a nicer stain, and comes with votives, whereas the one from Costco didn’t.

These will go fast.

Edit: also compare at $79.99 for similar @ Amazon.

Linky!

At first, I thought it was a big stick holding 5 shot glasses.

No offense to any wine aficionados, but if I bought this, it would rapidly degenerate into a somewhat classy belly shot holder at my Holiday party.

It is pretty, though.

I have some memorable parties, and I’m long out of college.

Previous Offer

Very similar.

Missed out on this last time, very excited to see it up again! These are 66% off manufacturer’s website.

In for 1.

I wish it was flipped the other way. The description talks about the wine staining the wood but you don’t see that since all you see is the outside of the barrel.

… And had I known the map would sell out so soon after posting I would’ve waited. So anyway.

Just wanted to say, and I’m sure this is a hijack but I don’t care…

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the official beginning of the Emergency Woot Network. It’s been absolutely amazing the past year doing this. We’ve had some frustrations to work through, but we pretty much have it down now.

I’m pleased to say we have over 450 unique subscribers to the EWN, many of which have subscribed to multiple lists, which is just amazing! It’s been so popular that we’ve actually hit a stumbling block - one of the lists has now exceeded the quota given to us by the mail provider for # of recipients per list, so we’re working on a plan to deal with that.

This coming year we will be looking into a more permanent solution with a full on host and full capability website where you can manage your own subscriptions. Because this is a voluntary (and free) service we are providing, the cost of the hosts we require has thus far been prohibitive. So we’re working on a plan!

Thank you all for your interest in this! We look forward to continuing to serve you in 2010!

Bought this the first time. Very nice looking piece. The finish on the stave is done well, and the grain shows through. We keep it on a sideboard.

This offer looks to have glass votive holders for the candles, rather than just have the votives right in the wood. Easier to change out candles I am sure.

So I am tempted to purchase this version, as it would work better than what we have.

But who would get the old one for Xmas? :slight_smile:

I think this would be an amazing Christmas gift for the folks. Has Woot said anyhting about shipping dates?

I have one request; that recipients are able to choose if they want an immediate EWN notification no matter the time or of they prefer to wait for the EWN notification at a rational time…

I travel. A lot. And I prefer getting an immediate notification.

noob question: what’s a stave used for?

ok - ok! i ordered one. not sure if it’s for me or a gift - maybe a gift for me?

Staves are wake make up a wine barrel. Imagine the stave being vertical and encircled with other staves and compressed by metal rings.

That’s in the plan when we get to the automated phase. As it is right now, there’s a lot of manual processing to do this, and since we all have jobs we pretend to attend to, it makes it hard to be super-customizable beyond “What list do you want”.

Hey, Beavis! He said, “Bung Hole” … heheh huh huh heh heheh

Seen these in CA wineries.

Half the time they are nothing but an old stave with holes drilled in them with a spade bit (a sign of cheap workmanship). If the maker doesn’t own a Forstner bit to make the holes smooth on the bottom, the candles/holders will not seat properly.

Has this shipped yet?