Handheld Steam Birdie

Comments from a previous offer

Check out the product page

Amazon’s got it at rated at 3.3 out of 5. And at $40+

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PSTMH10-Multipurpose-Deodorizing-Disinfecting/dp/B00HLQZPJM

40% are 1 and 2 star reviews? And it’s from Pyle.

I owned one of these and ended up returning it.

The unit pressurizes and also uses the wand that extends to apply friction with the various attachments - mainly the stiff bristle brush one.
On mine, the main nozzle would blast off after a while of applying that agitation while steaming, scaring the crap out of me, and suggesting that this could be very dangerous indeed.

While it wasn’t very well made, it did hint at how well a steam cleaner could work given a sturdier build and a larger capacity.
Steam cleaning really is very effective, but the reservoir is so tiny on these units, that the usable portion of time is somewhere right around the tank being half full, where the steam is plentiful and very high pressure and at it’s driest.

Away from this sweet spot, and at an emptier stage, it starts to splutter water and, you really need to refill at this point.

So in short, go bigger. These are too small for even tiny jobs, and possibly not completely safe.