HANNspree 32 inch Widescreen LCD HDTV

1000:1 contrast ratio…is that a misprint?

hannspree makes good LCD’s I have one and quality is good. check out newegg hannspree has good reviews for their 19" monitors.

720p? weak.

Pricing Additional Info
Qualifies for FREE SHIPPING
List Price: $999.00
Our Price: $649.99
Price After Rebate(s): $499.99
Shipping: FREE

Buy.com Total Price: $499.99
including rebates

I think its for buy.com purchase only!

lol at the people complaining about 1000:1 contrast, go look up comparable LCD’s to this and tell me what you find…whats up slim

Just bought one of these puppies from Buy.com for ~$470 after rebate and coupons. It’s a nice TV, beautiful I might say. In Emeril terms, the picture is BAM!, the aesthetic is BAM!, the features are BAM!, the only downside is the lack of the QAM! tuner.
If you have no need for a QAM tuner, get this TV! If you need a TV. If you don’t need a TV, don’t even think about buying this one. It’s $500, after all. $500 you could spend on something else that you need.
Bottom line: If you need a TV, and 32" is right up your shooter, go for this. If you don’t need a TV, steer clear.

cNet Review: 5.5/10 Hannspree JT01-32U1-000G review: Hannspree JT01-32U1-000G - CNET

Buy.com: $499.99 after rebates -$10 Google Checkout + Free Shipping= $489.99 beats woot’s price with shipping ($494.99) Rakuten: Shop. Get Cash Back. Repeat.

Accordingto the PDF file, it is specific to buy.com. Now there may be one you can use on woot, but this one isn’t it.

Am I the only one that noticed that they dont tell what the item is in the podcast the last couple days, also I don’t like no name brands when i am spending $500. Call me a brand snob but I like to be able to complain about the piece of crap and people know what brand i am complaing about… YOU KNOW HANNspree, oh of course HANNspree

you would buy it because almost no one can see the difference between 1080i and 720p not to mention that almost all your hd station are broadcasting in 720p. The difference is when you get into 1080p and the only devices capable are your blue ray, ps3, etc. Good deal, but i wouldn’t buy something you couldn’t see and that the primary thing your going to do with it. Just my 2 cents…

Yes. 1366x768 is a PC standard resolution (WXGA). It’s the closest approxiamation of ATSC 720p. You won’t notice much difference, if any, when scaling 720 content. shrinking 1080 content is a different story. It still looks very good though (if the set has a decent scaler chip).

I have a widescreen 19 inch Hannspree LCD monitor and it’s great, best monitor I ever bought.

Reviews
Here!

Not that great of a price, this has been at TigerDirect for $499 and $479 alternately for the past month.

Is this the same item?

Long time wooter, first time poster:

One the best product description yet, I just cracked up in my cube over here in Baghdad. Thanks for the Laugh.

Matsunichi

Aye! I second that.

And you call yourselves Wooters? This is made by that same company that made those fantastic 19" LCD monitors Woot sold for $!00 right before Thanksgiving. I have 2 of those monitors and they have a terrific picture. If I needed a new TV, I’d get this.