Hannspree 9.6” LCD TV

they had these before on a wootoff… took forever to sell out, i guess its good christmas gift.

This notice is required by Federal law:

Consumer Notice:
This television receiver has only an analog broadcast tuner and will require a converter box after February 17, 2009, to receive over-the-air broadcasts with an antenna because of the Nation’s transition to digital broadcasting. Analog-only TVs should continue to work as before with cable and satellite TV services, gaming consoles, VCRs, DVD players, and similar products. For more information, call the Federal Communications Commission at 1-888-225-5322 (TTY: 1-888-835-5322) or visit the Commission’s digital television website at: www.dtv.gov.

pricing for future reference

product(s): 1 Hannspree Retro Mickey 9.6” LCD TV DT07-10u1-000
condition: New

$69.99 + $5 shipping

Similar if fighting the crowds on the east coast for 69.99 . Expected more from woot!

If my own TV could show House this nice…hmmmm

They had four different types of these over on Woot a while back. I guess this is the only version that didn’t sell out?

just seems over priced when you can get a dvd player for the same price, if onlt this had ATSC I’d get it, I have a cheaper LCD i use for pointing sat dishes

If these had digital reception I would jump… but with the analog going bye bye in the next few years, Im not sure its worth it.

I got a Poloroid 10" portable dvd player shipped for this very same price. Woot must be tryinf to gauge some noobs I guess.

Got a diff. style off Woot a while back. Really nice little TV and I’m happy with it. Dont like this design personally, but if you do, its a good TV

Yeah, well orignally the analog signal was supposed to be deleted in 2005, which got pushed back to 2007, which got pushed back to 2009. But THIS time they really mean it.

Hope the FCC is not watching this Woot. Since March 1st, 2007, If a product that has only an analog tuner (NTSC not ATSC), the seller is required to indicate that it will not be able to tune over-the-air TV channels after February 17th, 2009. I’ve heard the fines are substantial.

Run Woot, Run - the FCC is after you !!!

They ought be more worried with Disney than the FCC… a Mickey TV, with not a mention of rights to Disney??? wonder if Hannspree paid any trademark rights to Disney…

oh crap what about feb 2009???

Not calling anyone a liar, but why is it only on Woot that I see this concern raised? I’ve not yet seen a single notice of that type anywhere else yet. Not that I’ve looked for it.

Sometimes woot forums seem like an alternate universe. It’s the most hostile place to refurbs I’ve ever seen–almost everywhere else, folks see refurbs as a unit that’s gone through a second QC process and generally a good thing. Yes, that bit is completely off topic. But eh.

-B.

Nah, Disney will just chriogenically freeze your dead body, the FCC is a lifetime anal probe.

It’s true, all TVs at Best Buy and Walmart all have digital tuners. Thay switched earlier this year.

Speed to first woot: 4m 14.890s

LMFAO!!! 4 minutes!!!