Hansen Cellars Lodi Cabernet Sauvignon (6)

Hansen Cellars Lodi Cabernet Sauvignon 6-Pack
$59.99 $114.00 47% off List Price
2012 Hansen Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon, Lodi
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
11/18/14

Residual Sugar: 8.8 g/L
“Off Dry”
Seems a bit on the high side for a CS.
Designed for appeal to the masses?
Wondering what “unconventional” really is…

Maybe a typo, the 2011 I ratted last year was dry.

I bought this when it was up in March. No notes, but I recall really enjoying this. In for 2!

[winenotes]
These are my notes from last November on the 2011 vintage. From the description of today’s offer, it sounds similar, but that one had .16g/100mL of “Glucose/Fructose,” which seems far different from today’s.

Bahwm and I enjoyed a bottle of Hansen Cellars 2011 Lodi Cabernet Sauvignon with dinner Friday night (11/14/14).
On opening, my initial impression was a nose full of ripe red fruit, no impression of heat at all.
On the palate, ripe cherries, raspberries, a bit of a rough edge I attributed to its youthfulness. At the insistence of SWMBO, I decanted it while we finished getting dinner on the table. After 10-15 minutes, it had smoothed out noticeably, without losing any of the freshness or fruit.
It continued to evolve nicely throughout the meal, and was a better than expected pairing with grilled pork chops seasoned with Java Gourmet Coffee rub for Pork, Poultry and more (another thanks to wine.woot for that). About a half hour later, with a spinach salad, it had continued to improve, adding a fascinating note of vanilla, as in cream soda, or maybe it was cherry cola. In any event, it added a delightful enhancement to the flavor profile. An hour later, there was still a lot of aroma left in the bottom of the glass. All in all, a lovely wine, still in its youth. I’ll be interested in seeing how this one ages.

Some interesting reviews on yelp http://m.yelp.com/biz/hansen-vineyards-and-winery-templeton