Hansen Cellars Old Vine Zinfandel (6)

Hansen Cellars Old Vine Zinfandel 6-Pack
$59.99 $114.00 47% off List Price
2012 Hansen Cellars Old Vine Zinfandel, Lodi
CT link above

Winery website

Rats! No Wisconsin on the list

As an FYI, I have never had a bad zin off of Wine.Woot. In for one.

I enjoyed the cab from this winery I tried a couple of months back at this same price point. Any rats on this?

If no rats than at least some acid and sugar specs. Also what’s in the 5% red blend? Is it like the SH zins and has some port varietals blended in?

Hello Corto20 I am with the winery and am gonna answer half of your question…as I will need to ask our winemaker about sugar and sugar and acid…the 5% blend will be cab franc, petite verdot and malbec…YUMMY!!!

It is delicious you will not be disappointed :slight_smile:

The application is in! Soon, soon…

So what exactly is it that makes it “delicious”? Thanks.

“Vineyard: The grapes come from one of the most highly respected and reputed Zinfandel growers in the Lodi Appellation – the most famous production region in California for Zinfandel production. The vines range in age from 20 to 85 years old.” from the specs page.

Which vineyards are the grapes from?

To my palate, I like a little spice to my zin and this delivers…it is just a well balanced wine with a little zing…so I consider it delicious…a go to wine anytime…

We own vineyards all over Lodi and lease some,too…but this particular vineyard is off highway 12 and highway 5

This is tasty stuff. I’m hoping there’s some leftovers in the woot off.