Harvest Moon Late Harvest Zinfandel Half Bottle (4)

Harvest Moon Late Harvest Zinfandel Half Bottle 4-Pack
$60.99 $156.00 61% off List Price
2015 Late Harvest Estate Zinfandel, 375ml

Favorite wine! I’ve loved every vintage of this. Auto buy and in for two – thanks Randy and woot!

First sucker: molarchae
Last wooter to woot: molarchae

The only two times I’ve been first sucker are for Harvest Moon’s dessert wines.

Blast! Normally would go in x3 on this but those darn WI shipping regulations =). At least I was able to get two bottles in my recent club shipment =)

What’s up Wooters! This new Estate Late Havest Zin is here just in time for the holidays. Get out your dark chocolate, cheese plates and pair this balanced dessert wine with your favorite person. This is our 13th year crafting liquid love and the newest release will not disappoint.

I’ll check in with the forum for questions.

Cheers and thanks for stopping by,

Randy

This is the tech data on this late harvest zin offering: The woot data is not correct.

Style Dessert
Appellation RRV
Varietal Zinfandel
Pairing Enjoy with dark chocolate and blue cheese.
Alcohol 14.60%
Bottle 375ml
Bottled 2016-01-04
Drinkable now till 2022
Harvest Date 2015-10-23
Harvest Brix 27.8°

Hey Randy! Nice to see you back here!
Since molarchae and I have several vintages of this hanging out, what are your thoughts on drinking window and development stage of these? I think we have 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2013. (How did we miss 2010-2012?)

[QUOTE=klezman, post:7, topic:647135]
Hey Randy! Nice to see you back here!
Since molarchae and I have several vintages of this hanging out, what are your thoughts on drinking window and development stage of these? I think we have 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2013. (How did we miss 2010-2012?)[/quot

I’d drink them up. None are falling apart, but the 2007 and 2009 are for sure ready. The 2006 is tasty with a decade in bottle. The 2008 is awesome. Still juicy. Get to it!

Cheers,

Randy

I’m surprised by the relatively low alcohol content on these. I’m used to 17% and up on dessert wines. How is it a zin and late harvest but still that low of alc? Was it de-alc’d?

No de-alc here. I define ripe differently than my colleagues by harvesting a bit later rather than waiting till the berries are raisins. I’m not trying to make the sweetest most high alcohol deserve wine possible. I’m finding balance around 14 1/2% alcohol with 4-5% residual sugar. I’ve made this style of sticky since 2003. My approach is not to appeal exclusively to the sweet toothers out there rather than make a balance dessert wine that can bring those on “I’m not a fan of sweet wines” side to the “wow, I could see this with _____” side.

I crafted two late harvest zins in 2015. They must have grabbed the other tech info. This is the correct one

Wooters, In an effort to continually improve the quality of the wines you receive all of our 2014’s forward will arrive at your doorstep with out foil on the necks. The reason is no matter the quality of cork, Cork leaks sometimes this how are we to know if the cork is bad when there’s foil oil on it. When we see that 1-2% leakage, we pull those bottles aside and they don’t make it in your shipment or in the bag in the tasting room. The money we saved with no foil we put directly into a higher quality cork investment. In other words the photo you see in the woot site is from earlier vintage. Same bottle just no foil.

I’ve updated the Specs tab to reflect this info. Thanks for setting us straight!

Two? Sounds like there’s a story here…

Getting a message that it can’t ship to MD even though I bought some a few years ago when that was permitted. Too bad I really like this desert wine, and could also gift it to a few people.

First sucker: molarchae
Last wooter to woot: InFrom

3% first woot, 3% joined today – welcome to the slippery slope!

Get in touch with winery. We’ll ship direct.

707-573-8711