Harvest Moon Mixed Case

Ha… Raising children makes one lazy. The dry gw is ready this summer, the 12 Pinot should sit for a year or fall 15… The randy is ready! Damn good wine. Seriously. The cab and blend need time! Muchas anos!!! Drink those in 4-6 years.

Yes!!! This wine making thing thing takes time and patience. We’ve got a small yet delicious batch in tank from '13 vintage. Imagine rouge, spicy w a grip of fine black pepper. There’s a ton of red fruit packed in too. Spring of '15 release. Thanks for the inquiry.

The 2010 Cab and Sonoma Harvest blend must be cellared folks!!! Part of making traditional-style reds, particularly Cabs, forces cellaring. These two should sit 3-5 in bottle to slowly unwind to reveal the layers and complexities. We bottled them in August 2012 so another 3 years!! Cheers.

Thanks for the cellaring info Randy.
Can you comment on where you think some of the following are now, and where you think they are going?

'08 Harvest Moon Estate & Winery Cabernet Sauvignon DCV
'06 & '08 Harvest Moon Estate & Winery Pinot Noir RRV
'08 Harvest Moon Estate & Winery Sonoma Harvest RRV
'06 Harvest Moon Estate & Winery Zinfandel RRV
'09 RandyZin

Thanks!

2008 CS- Tannins are integrating well- it’s the acid that will allow that wine to sit a few more years… easy.

06 Pinot- Ready but can sit 1-2 years more.
08 Pinot- Drink this year. Lots of earthy red fruit, mulling spices- nice wine… ready!

08 Sonoma Harvest- Patience still… 3-5 years.

06 RRV- Awsomly juicy wine… It’s got 6 years in btl but would be interesting to taste this one in another… 3-5… it’ll go. I think

09 Randy Zin- decant for a full day and drink… Decant prior to work, place in dark pantry with paper town in hole. Come home, fire up BBQ and go!

Awesome, thanks.
From the comment on the RZ, rather sounds like this has got more than just a few years left as well.
Nearly a year ago we did a Aged Zin tasting that included some bottles dating back to the early 80’s.
Zin can and does age well.

Thanks for today’s offering.

Randy, if you should feel like pulling out a vertical of either your Buchignani Cab or either Zin it would make for a fantastic offering! :wink:

So if the 2010 Cab needs another 2 years or so, what about the 2009 Cab? I suppose the futures of 2012 Cab will need close to 5 before I even look at them :slight_smile:

And I forgot to ask about the
2010 RRV Pinot Noir

Have a great Birthday this weekend Randy or should I say young man.

Ha. My bday is on st Patricks day, so I stay in and let the rookies celebrate. Thanks!

Bah humbug! Went to purchase but Woot won’t ship to Wisconsin.

Contact the winery direct!

Trust me Randy, you will be rocking this weekend.
Enjoy :slight_smile:

I have to say I was excited to see this on woot. My wife and I joined at harvest moon last year and it was one of the best experiences in the Russian river valley. Randy is an awesome guy and the customer service is top notch. Hoping to get back up there this spring. Everyone should try this wine.

Good gig at Galactic eh Randy?

https://www.facebook.com/McNearsMysticTheatre