Harvest Moon Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (6)

Randy, I just wanted to say you have a wonderful winery. My cousin Joe and his wife Sarah live in Rohnert Park and brought me, my brother and a friend here the Saturday before the Super Bowl (We were in from Denver). This was our last stop of the day and the two ladies that helped us were awesome and we left with a nice assortment. Looking forward to some Colorado summertime BBQ with the Dry Sparkling Zin! I hope to enjoy this 6 pack of Pinot soon as well! Go Broncos!

Wow. Thanks for the note. I’m a big fan of Joe and Sarah. Good peeps. Joes gardening rivals my own. That bubbly Zin will knock socks off with BBQ on that first warm spring evening. Cheers!

So join or create a WW Gathering!

In for one! Have been interested in harvest moon for a while now, and I’m running low on pinot noir

Got my box today. This wine is one of the worst I ever tasted ever. Not drinkable.
I can’t believe it’s from Russian river valley…
Will go for cooking.

Tasted yesterday. Bad, bad, bad.

I had some Randy Zin recently and I thought the same thing. I left on a trip for three days and had forgotten to dump it out. I then tasted the wine and found it to my surprise to be quite good. Coincidence, I think not. Try letting these suckers lay down for a while.

Harvest moon had real bad luck with Rat bottles bring bad. I wonder what Randy’s problem is. As a side note I think PN needs to rest a week or two after shipping.

I opened a bottle of this just now, and boy is it excellent. If you prefer the big, fruity, low acid California Pinots, then you may not enjoy this. It’s funky (earth and mushroom, not bret), balanced, and solidly fruity.