Harvest Moon Sparkling Pinot Noir (3)

I was interested in this until reading that. I’m not used to “funky” in wine tasting notes (guess it works for woot though), but what it suggests is not something I want to drink – even if it is one of three bottles. With my luck, it would be at least two of three. I’m disappointed, but thanks for being honest.

Kinda depends on what you like. Bright fruit, or a bit of earth/mushroom/forest/funk.
I like 'em both.

Hello fellow wooters -

Randy is a good friend of mine and a great winemaker! Excellent time to stock up on some bubbly for up coming holidays, end of summer BBQ’s or just a regular Monday night :slight_smile:

Wassup Randy!!!

There, I put Michigan on the map…don’t want to be left out. : P

Ummmmm…so correct me if I’m wrong. You/woot are offering up a wine in which you know 1 in 8 bottles are flawed?

I’m offering a smoking deal on a very unique, small production wine that has some earthy-ness/mushroom profiles that SOME would consider non-California, i.e. French style. There’s nothing wrong with these wines. 15% are inconsistant to what the winemaker has intended. Does that make sense?

For your information, I sold the crap out of this wine at $44/bottle in my tasting room. Read what others online are saying about this wine. Don’t misunderstand what I said. Some are more fruitty than others.

The VAST majority of wooters loved this offering last time and had multiple reorders which is why I thought I’d release the 2014 and offer the last 30 cases to wooters.

Cheers

Funky is a positive connotation to those who like French champagne. It’s not a negative term unless you only like the fruit bomb CA Pinot. I will choose my words more wisely with this forum in the future.

Ha ha, What up Mike. Speaking of bad-ass, unique Sparkling wines;) Thanks for checking in.

I’m old, a veteran of the Cordier wines back in the day. But the fact is something didn’t pan out here in the process. I would expect that if you knew there was a relatively high percentage of bottle variation you would state that up front. I’m not sure what you mean by more wisely

Edit: So yes, that makes sense :wink:

Picked up 6 last year and loved it. This really impressed the few who were lucky enough to share a bottle with us. I’m so happy I peeked in here before bed to snag this treasure. 6 more. :slight_smile:

I’m rather surprised at all the negatives here, but I’ll admit that one in eight did give pause.
Split the last order; two popped and both just fine, and interesting. One to go, and three on the way; but I do wish WD wouldn’t ship with triple digit forecast temps.

Thanks Randy.
When shall we expect the '14’s to appear here?

Thanks. I’ve just released it, so after the club and tasting room get their whack, I imagine a Fall 2017. Another small-lot, 20-30 cases.

Cheers

I’m with kaolis here. You sold (are selling? Is this the same vintage?) a wine that is missing the mark you, the wine maker set, 15% of the time and didn’t disclose that up front. Wine.woot has sold “off” or “flawed” wines a couple times, but it was always disclosed (as far as we know, of course).

You can argue that the 15% aren’t flawed, but are just different. ex: is Brett a flaw? Always? Sometimes? How much? But that’s a completely different argument. As is how popular the wine was.

I don’t feel good about the lack of disclosure. My $0.02.

Thanks for your comment. Read my past words. Never did I state/admit it was “flawed” as I don’t think it is. That specific word was hoisted on me in this thread. It’s a very small, lot craft sparkling wine. We make this 150 case Estate Sparkling Pinot Noir in-house, thus natural INCONSISTENCIES among craft products happen.

This is a nice wine at a great price.

Cheers

I’ll be waiting! Yum!