Have you ever bought a refurbished product?

Yes, almost every car I’ve ever owned is technically a refurb…

Done ok with Apple factory refurb stuff but prob wouldn’t buy kitchen appliances refurb.

13 Likes

It depends. The issue I have sometimes is that the warranty is not the same as on a new item.

12 Likes

We generally come with limited to no warranty, and individual results may vary. Also, photo is a serving suggestion and may not represent actual finished product.

15 Likes

I have had good luck with most of the refurbished items I’ve purchased. Many times better than brand new.

16 Likes

Yes among other things I still use a refurb shark vacuum purchased from Woot years ago & it still sucks.

17 Likes

Clap Applause GIF

13 Likes

Yup, I’m sending this from my refurbished Apple Mac. Third one. I get them from Apple. Usually get about 7 years on them. Go to a new one when TurboTax will no longer work, even with very latest updates.

I’ve also bought refurbished items from Amazon and Woot. And of course probably get them from BOCs. Can’t think of any issues I’ve ever had.

One son buys refurbished Apple equipment on the job. He equips a large sales force with laptops and such. No issues, and saves the company a lot of money.

Another son lives dangerously and buys cars that insurance companies have “totaled” for water damage. Lots of research and a professional mechanic check-over. He has three driving age sons. I’d guess he has bought a half dozen of these vehicles over quite a few years. So far, so good.

15 Likes

Yes, I like the savings

12 Likes

If Woot! Finds a good deal on them, do you think the return policy be the standard 30 days for refurb products? I am sure the maker doesn’t extend any type of warantee due to
faulty manufacturing…or defective parts. Just what would you if there is a recall? Where where would you get the work done? If they offer an optional Assurion plan, just what would that cover?
All in all, sound a little too risky.
Alicia Silverstone Reaction GIF

10 Likes

Bought an apple iPad that was refurbished that you had listed as one version but someone mistyped and it was another when I got the shipping confirmation. Sent that one back.
Working Home Office GIF by Caats

14 Likes

I have bought several refurbished items from Apple with good results.

12 Likes

Nope. But I would try.

11 Likes

No but based on the positive feedback maybe I should

12 Likes

One of the first items I bought from Woot! back in ‘05 was a refurbished mp3 player.

Since then I’ve saved a lot on refurbed products, like all the Dyson products I have, kitchen appliances, etc.

Never had any issues with any of them as far as function or failures.

One of the better values you can get on Woot!.

Of course, it pays to be patient and wait for the right deal. And use common sense - you probably wouldn’t want to buy one of these as a refurb:

13 Likes

Different online vendors check what they are selling as refurbished very differently. Cannot tell whether it is a deficiecy in skill or lack of ethics. Some purchases good. But also have had buyers remorse for items not as described. One item turned out to be stolen from a school system. “Sorry” did not cut it. What the school will do with receipts is anyone’s guess.

8 Likes

I’m as cheap as it gets. Refurb, thrift store, open box, damaged, generic brand options, wait a month for a Chinese parcel, etc etc. I’ll always roll the dice to save a few pennies. Even electronics. Half my PC I’m typing this on is refurb or open box parts.

10 Likes

Always. I have better luck with refurbished than new! Bought many from Woot. Vaccuum, iPad, Macbook, HP laptop, air conditioner, dehumidifier, tools and more

11 Likes

14 Likes

sci-fi running GIF by MANGOTEETH

12 Likes

Refurbished can be hit or miss

ezgif-1-11d0a6c5ca

14 Likes