Havens 2005 Napa Valley Syrah and 2006 Beau Terrior Merlot - Three Pack

Excellent DayOff - I especially like the “tear apart the baby of the cosmos …” part - and on Xmas, no less - brilliant!

Let’s decree this creative writing day on wine.woot. While the logic types are all debating politics with Uncle Butt, the space riders can escape these holiday horrors with a little trip to the corners of their mind.

Well met, Swiller. Best “doggerel” i’ve seen all year.

I think we should all open a bottle and drink to that! Merry Christmas!

We have finished with the gifts, and I’ve opened a bottle- of beer! It’s not kosher or compatible with Macs, but it sure is tasty. I hope you all are enjoying the holiday!

It would probably be fair to estimate both of these around $20-$25 per bottle pre-liquidation. The Carneros Merlot is different from the Napa Valley one, and probably would cost slightly more. I’d guess in terms of quality it should fall between the Napa Merlot (~$20) and the Carneros Reserve (~$35).

this christmas

little sara’s on the couch scratching
madly with her new 120 color pencil set
uncle butt’s in the next room
smoking camels
flicking ashes on the kitchen table
next to the ham
his favorite movie is gran torino, only
he’d whack all those punks in the first scene
it wouldn’t be a movie then, would it?
he laughs at his own jokes too long
get me another keystone, virginia, or i’ll
drop kick you and that bow terrier of yours
from here to next christmas
see you then
i’ll save you a piece of ham
ho ho ho

Merry Christmas, David!

In for 2.

Merry Christmas!

In for 3 as I have with all the other Haven wines this week.

Merry Christmas to all Wine.Wooters and to those who bring them to us!

Yeeeep. I’m in for one. Woooo!

And if something else pretty pops up, I’ll probably grab that too.

Happy Holidays everyone and here’s to 2010 being better than 2009!!!

Cheers!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Though I can’t do a full labrat report – as I’ve only tasted this at the winery, and my cellar is a couple thousand miles away at the moment – I would let you know this is a great deal, at least on the Syrah. I have 3 of the '05 (maybe the '04?) in my cellar. Even if you consider the merlot a “freebie”, the syrah at $16 is a good buy. Havens is good peeps.

Were. They be peeps no more.

You, sirs, owe me $32, as I was going to get two of these, until I read your comments.

Wouuld that make them poops now?

Wishing for a wine boggy old creature this year

“This three pack lets you give away the Merlot and keep the Syrah”

What a great suggestion! I called my dad, and he really likes Merlot. I’ll let him enjoy the “notes of lead pencil”.

Merry Christmas!

I wish I could take credit for that… “baby of the cosmos” is Woot’s rendition of b.a.g. o.f. c.r.a.p.

OK, I’m in. I’ll use these as cellar defenders for my other Havens wines. It’s worth the extra $2 to me to get ‘legit’ Havens as opposed to the H wines that may be slightly more dubious.

I have a new irritating question (or one that if asked enough could become the new OSX)…

Is it vegan?

…and why is everyone in such a good mood? Is it a holiday or something?

hmmmm, well, I see … a good thief is yet welcome at this Xmas dinner … we will simply keep a closer eye on you and pat you down a bit during tonight’s departure hugs … perhaps you remind me of my dear uncle

It is possible that it has been fined with egg whites.