Hawk Apache Double Prop R/C Helicopter

Score! Im in pack it and ship it!!! Any bets on how long before it crashes?

Here is a 3ch Apache not a bad price and much better quality.

Detail image

I have a r/c helicopter that is only two way (which most cheap ones are), meaning I can only control up down and rotation, that’s hard enough! This will be a challenge to fly, mostly because all flying r/c craft are so sensitive to any over/under powering on behalf of the user. You give it to much gas the things flys off out of range, to little and it crashes onto that car you thought you were far enough from. Simple put it’s going to take a gentle but steady hand and lots of practice without totally breaking the thing to get comfortable with it, not really good fit for most kids!

Does someone having problem with their refurbished Sansa MP3 players we bought from woot? Sandisk is offering a free replacement

They’re not showing the remote… :frowning:

You-do-NOT-want 2-channel model – http://cgi.ebay.com/Dyna-Hawk-GX-APACHE-R-C-2CH-Helicopter-Electric-RC_W0QQitemZ150192616655QQcmdZViewItem

You DO want 4-channel model…

If you’re not a big RC heli person, this is a decent design.

The dual counter-rotating blade design (the lower spins clockwise, the upper spins counter-clockwise) is generally much easier to fly than a standard copter.

Generally, there is little trim work to be done to keep the thing flying straight. In fact, the only reason for the tail rotor is to make the thing turn left and right. On most counter-rotators, it doesn’t even spin when you’re not turning.

another video…

Here it is at xheli.com:

-brett

If you click on the picture it gives an error.

Looks like it might be kinda tough to fly… I believe this YouTube video is of the RC Chopper we’re looking at.

Even has nice AirWolf music to go along w/ it. :slight_smile:

the video tells all - crap!!!

this is JUST like the small ones - no control and full of batteries - save your $45 - get 3 small ones for that price!

ROFL I can go so many ways with that

…<ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL>.
…| |…
||/_
.\…|'-|–| .\….…
…\ _…|–|—|…\ ….…
…/ L _
,/-------_
_
.|LOL|-------------O----- ----,..
…\ L /
,—‘’-----------, /…
…/ /…_
____ ,/…
.//…_// \/.

I’ve never flown this particular model, but based on the motor, the lateral range, and ceiling height, it would be a bad idea to fly this thing indoors. Of course, that’s assuming you don’t have any fragile things in your home that might get knocked over easily, or you happen to own a massive mansion.

Here’s a bit of info for you guys…

This Heli shares and has some of the parts that are on my $200 RC copter. It looks to have a few of the Blade CX2 and Dynam Vortex parts. The heads, extended shaft, blades, and breakaway blade grips are worth more than $40 by themselves. I would be all over this just to use some of the parts off of it for my copter if I wasn’t looking to sell it. You can buy replacement blades, grips, and most of the critical stuff if you should crash it.

This IS NOT the same toy type that you saw the other day and has about a 20 hour learning curve on it. You can upgrade the batteries to Li-Po and get a solid 15 minutes of flight time per pack as well.

Hope that helps some of you guys out!

It looks similar to this one:
http://www.hobbytron.com/AH64ApacheLongbowRCHelicopter.html
for $55 but with a smaller amperage battery.

Close enough is good enough. I just ordered it.

Woohoo, my first post.

Anyway, these coaxial helis are actually pretty stable and reasonably easy to fly. This looks to be somewhat similar in design, to the hobby grade E-Flite Blade CX2 (look it up). I think if you have the patience to learn, anyone can fly one of these. The main thing I will advise, is to just to get it light on its skids and not lift it off the ground on your first couple of flights. This will enable you to see what each control input does, and how it affects the heli without risking a crash. Once you are familiar, the sky’s is the limit (figuratively and literally).

However, these are not the same as those small mini ones they have on here sometimes. These are harder to fly and require much more coordination.

OK, I’ve got the hovering down. Now I just gotta get that right-left calibration thing… Nuts, ran outa charge.

This is a 2-way helicopter. This would be an easier helicopter to fly due to the couter rotating blades so there is no need to control a tail rotor which is hard for new users.

Revise my previous comment…not another remote controlled toy.

Come on woot! Are the guys in the factory having too much fun playing around, so you need to get rid of them?