Hawk Apache Double Prop R/C Helicopter

Not for me this time. Too expensive to watch explode into a gabagillion pieces as it crashes on it’s maiden flight. I’ll stick to the foamy indoor heli’s.
Nice description woot. I loved that show when I was a kid! Been thinking that if they could resurrect Knight Rider, perhaps Airwolf could, just maybe, be next.

not worth it…I’m an RC person…fly planes and heli’s. If it isn’t gonna give decent specs…don’t give em hard earned bucks!!!

I had the cheap offbrand, and when i plugged it in to batteries to charge, it exploded… literally. there was styrofoam all over the place

i have this exact one.

2 ch like everyone is saying here.

it flys fine. expect the tail and wheels to break off after not too much flying. this battery it comes with does not last for crap. i went out and bought a better one which lasts twice as long.

I was always dissapointed that I missed this WooT every time. Now I’m glad.

IT would be cool if WooT had a more full-sized & fully functional R/C Plane/Hellicopter.

love apache

Yeah but how much does a 4 channel helo cost?

That was an awesome video…thanks for sharing!

What do these links have anything to do with today’s Woot???

This link was posted last time this sold in December…Thought it was cool

Ugh… first post I make and Woot crashes when posting… it was a very long one too… :frowning:

Anyway, lets re-write and try to summarize.

I bought this during the last Woot and was slightly disappointed because the the description made it sound as if it was a 3 Channel Heli. This heli is only a 2 Channel heli but the remote is a 4 Channel remote (I opened the remote to check the electronics inside). These are very comparable (although chinese kncok-offs) to the Apache helis on Xheli.com and I will post links below. Others before stated DOA for the helis, some issues with batteries, and others with dead chargers. I had no such issues with my purchase. I find the heli easy to control but this heli is much more advanced then the small foam helis if thats what you are used to. I suggest flying this in a moderate to large sized room (No ceiling fans or such, high ceilings a must). Outdoor flight is also possible but I would suggest little to no wind unless you wanna see this thing take off on you.

As others have stated, the Li-Ion battery thats included with this thing is not too impressive (it only last about 5-7 minutes) but you can get an improved Li-Polymer battery with a charger from Xheli.com and you can get about 10 minutes or more on that. The heli itself is not upgradeable like its Xheli.com cousins would be but what can you expect for the price. The blades are also collapsable that makes for easy storage. When I first got mine I thought the blades were broken but they weren’t. The blades will swing out when the motor is spun up and will collapse in when the motor stops. There are also spare blades included with the kit.

Overall I’m satisfied with my purchase and would buy it again if mine ever broke, but if you are looking for a little more you may be more interested in the ones from Xheli.com. The price on Xheli.com is a little more for the 2 Channel version but it already comes with the Li-Po battery and charger and is totally upgradeable with parts from Xheli.com.

I just had to get in and comment on this and I hope my comment helps someone out with their decision.

As I said above, Xheli.com links are below. Check out the 4 channel page for great pics as both the helis are basically the same.

Links below:

2 Channel Apache heli from Xheli.com-

4 Channel Apache heli from Xheli.com-

EIGHT AA batteries
WOW!!
this thing demands rechargeables

THIS IS NOT A 3 CHANNEL COPTER.

THIS IS NOT A 3 CHANNEL COPTER. I got this the last time and tried to return the cheap thing. You can control up and down and right and left rotation (2 channel), there is no control for going forward. The last go around I thought woot made a honest mistake but here they are trying to sell the same lies as before.

explanation follows here.

helicopter toy that is todays woot resembles Apache helicopter. Apache among other things is a name of an instrumental song from a few decades ago, which rocks by the way.

it would be called [almost outer]space dude.

I got this one and crashed into my yard, bent the weight bar on top of it, didn’t fly at all after that. Played with it once or twice before this happened. Very hard to control.

When I thought I was gonna get a 4" long 4-ch heli I was stoked.

Thanks for the good info on it being 2-ch, guys. I’ll pass.

sudden landings to keep it out of trees?

yes, that is the preferred method of object collision avoidance, seeing as how you really can’t steer it. 40 bucks for a helicopter that doesn’t steer any better than the $20 ones? give me a break, pass.