Hawk Apache Double Prop R/C Helicopter

“My roommate bought one of these when it was on Woot. Apparently our experience was infinitely better than everyone else’s cause we successfully flew and (mildly) crashed the helicopter for a good twenty minutes before something propellery broke.”

So you think $40 for 20 minutes of play is a good thing? You must sleep in a bed of money…

Oh, the crash believe me I have wasted a bunch of many on these things just to watch them go out of range and crash and then the propellers break and then you have a useless toy.

you know… for some reason that bums me out too. Send us little plastic men in the deal!!!

All Your Woot are belong to us ?

i am far to happy with my minis from a few weeks ago. screw this

An absolute piece of junk. Only got 4 foot off the ground and batteries weakened to the point where it wouldn’t fly. Then, one of the rotors wouldn’t turn because the battery pack didn’t fit properly and crushed the plastic frame into the rotor gear, resulting in melting the plastic case. I was able to fix that. The instructions were very unclear in broken english. Hey, does anyone know how to get your money back from WOOT?

if your going to buy one of these all you will do is either play with is yourself for ten min until it breaks or if you give it to a kid he will cry about it being broken longer than he has fun playing with it.

The problem with these helis is the rotor (the part the blades hook on too, the plastic piece in the center that spins. Is the part that breaks and is unfix able even with super glue) If the just make that one little piece metal these little things would last just fine as the blades don’t brake that easily its the part that holds them If it was some cheap piece of aluminum or something it would be worth the price and would last but the people who make these just don’t care IMO because it is an easy thing to fix but they just don’t.

I got one that came with it broken DOA they are POS helis if you want a good one for twice the price get a havoc Reflex its the best mini heli on the market with a price below $100 and if you buy an expensive one its worse since one crash will destroy those, so R/C Helis are for brief fun. The only one I would ever get after my cheap DOA purchase is a reflex the only thing about it is i think its only worth $50 not $80 but you can pay 2, $35 dollar payments and thats not so bad. if you actually want something like this go to www.airhogs.com and check out the reflex and the havoc is the same crap as this.

i was wondering where you got parts for the heli because i can’t find any. no phone number no address.

Mine came today and after charging it for 120 minutes I was able to lift it off the ground about 15 inches and after 2-3 minutes I was not able to lift it off again. Batteries are dead and I have to recharge it. I’ll try again and see what it’ll do, but if it wont go much higher and will only run for about 3 minutes, its going back.

It is bigger than I expected and looked ok for $45. I hope I can work it.