Hawking Technology Net-Vision Wired Network Camera

…So does this work with a dynamic ip address (dhcp) dsl or must you have a static ip?

Can I trade in the 3 cameras / doorstops that I got last time? These are a third of the price and might be better.

Actually, if you took the time to read, there is Mac support.

I would like a surveillance camera but that thing is beastly huge…Inconspicuous? I think not!

the description is for all the people who log on to ask if it is MAC compatible because they are too lazy to scroll to the bottom of the page to find out.

or for those people who want to know if it includes a mounting bracket

or if you had nothing else to use it with, you can use it to watch a hyena chase a monkey.

Bought two. Doesn’t have the “insecurity” of a wireless camera, so meets our security standards. Hawking makes great networking stuff. Well known for high-power antennae.

Wait… people use Macs? Ahahahahahahaha!

Anyway, another security camera, right? Seems like it’d be a fun idea, but it should be about half the price, especially at that resolution. Nice description too… well worth the wait.

As a film student, I will say that this is the greatest product description ever written.

It’s a shame I don’t need one of these though.

Could I possibly stick this in my car and use to for evidence of my crazy ex messing wuth my car. IE something she has already done (stole my license plate) or if she decides to do some damage. Just wondering if anyone knows, if it’ll work for my car. It might pick up the wireless signal, not sure. Help me out if any of you know if I could do this.

so… isnt this just a webcam? you can set those up to do security stuff…

their control panel interface reminds me of the linksys router built in admin page, very basic web based, WORK WELL WITH APPLE SAFARI

great for all the perverts out there… i mean… surveillance.

I was like WOW 640x480 at 30fps? That good of resolution at 30fps? NO WAY, for webcam use the apple isight is the only one that does that … then you look at the details and it’s only 20fps with CIF setting… lower quality… probably at 320x240. Too good to be true, but cool product either way.

Anyone know of a webcam as good as the apple isight (640x480 or better at 30fps) with auto focus and as good of reviews let me know. That little camera is one killer web conference/chat device in such a tiny package. It’s also like $140, lol. Would be nice if I could cut that 1 off!

Could someone please tell me what the hell anybody could do with this? I mean, does it constantly record what it’s shooting? Do people acutally monitor their homes, offices, or businesses remotely? What would you do if you saw an intruder? Call 911? Hello, officer, I just remotely monitored my home from Taiwan, yeah, I’m on a business trip, and you need to get to my house in Buford Falls, Egypt because somebody is stealing my VCR!

If you want remote access you need to use a static IP or a free service like dyndns. It has nothing to do with the device on the network. It’s whether you can access your network in the first place.

I saw “Hawking” and immediately thought this was for a wheelchair & somehow leeching off Stephen Hawking’s name.

Anyways, I dont see how this is different than any of the other junk out there.
It has “no flair”

I’m culturally illiterate . . . to what is the description referring/what is it spoofing?

Just wondering is this just a servalance camera that must be wired at all times or can it be doubled as a digi cam maybe?

The Hawking Technology Net-Vision HNC210 Wired 10/100Mbps Network Camera. This is the girl.

Can anyone explain a little bit more about what this is and what it does? Is there anyway to make it wireless? It would be cool to have a “kitty cam” set up so I can see what my cat is up to.