Hawking Technology WiFi Locater – 2 Pack

Seems pretty cool, although some politicians would like to make using these type of devices akin to breaking and entering if you hop onto someone elses wireless connection

Pricing Information:

Hawking Technology WiFi Locater – 2 Pack
$19.99+ $5 shipping

condition:
New
product(s):
2 Hawking Technology 802.11b/g WiFi Locater HWL1

no good… dont tell you if its open or closed network… still have to boot up to find out that its protected…bahhh

ehhh…why would you need 2 of these…

Did they mean kinky instead of kicky? I have these images of Adam Vinatari looking for a signal on the 38 yead-line.

These are quite handy… I got 1 in a previous woot off, saves loads of time.

What kinds of batteries do these things use?

Bad customer reviews from Amazon.

Not buying from hawking…

These seem pretty useful. But for $20, it seems like a good deal.

Sure, they don’t tell you if it’s protected or not, but it’s $25 shipped for two.

(I’m still not in for one, though.) :slight_smile:

I have a question (ok, thats a STATEMENT, but here goes…)

If these have a “flip up directional antenna” then dont I also need to know what end my laptop is ethingumalated? OK, I know I just made that word up, but if the locator is in a hot spot and its high ONLY when pointing to the source, how do I know where to sit on the round tables at Starbucks so that I am pointing my laptop antenna to the same source? I know it wont make much difference when so close, but if I’m in the parking lot drinking coffee from my own thermos, I want to know which direction to have my car facing…

I never was good with these things

Yes you are right it is a locatOR…my son tells me these are pretty good for the money

Sucks…

Use your WiFi scanning built into your notebook to locate hot spots.

These things are crap. I have one I got for free after MIR and I paid too much!

It is a bad design – the battery falls out all the time.

Looks like a futuristic turtle com.

Lame. I have a cheaper solution for Two For Tuesday. Use your Two eyes to look for that “T-mobile HotSpot!” sticker. Or if you’re in a hotel room, Use two brain cells to pick up the phone located next to your bed to dial 0 for the hotel operator and tell them you want wi-fi access. Or if you’re at home, use your two ended ethernet cable which is conveniently plugged into your wireless router under your desk to access the internet.

But, hey, Woot, nice touch on the podcast song. If it were a little more upbeat, and a bit more of a break-out pop single, I would have wooted, I’m sure.

I just use the sticker on the door in my way to McDonald’s to see if there’s WiFi…

Beam me up some Scottie for the Captain’s Log

Help! The one-eyed robots are awake…And they’re staring right at me!

shoudl be spelled “Locator”…
good night!