Hawks View Cellars Oregon Pinot Noir (4)

CT is useless, pretty much always has been.

Fun Fact #2

We have clear views of 5 mountains from the vineyard.

-Mt. Ranier
-Mt. St. Helens
-Mt. Adams
-Mt. Hood
-Mt. Jefferson

Hi TT! Would you mind taking a look at my question over on the grapeseed oil thread?

Good timing.

I just cracked a bottle of the wooted 13 Pinot Gris last night (awesome with Peruvian chicken).

If this is anywhere near that quality…

Must buy.

The 2015 Pinot has all the trappings of being even better than the 2013 Gris. Balanced yet robust, age worthy yet very drinkable now…

Like these decisions as well. What ~is~ the OTR?
Any admonitions on storage?
Upright, horizontal, inverted?

You don’t have to store a screwcap bottle any differently than a cork finish. With that said, with a screwcap you do have the option of safely storing/aging the bottle upright.

nvm

Pardon the confusion, I was referring to the 2015 Pinot Noir from a pure qualitative perspective…not the 2015 Gris. I’ve got Pinot Noir on the brain!

Yeah, I figured that out when I re-read your post.

BTW, thanks for your participation today, it’s been interesting and fun.

I agree…it’s been a blast!

Any other questions out there? I’m here all day.

We really enjoyed the Pinot Gris!
I’d love to try this but wine budget is already blown for the month…

Agreed - probably one of my 3 favorite PGs. Delicious!

Maybe I missed something, but I was hoping for something other than - grape clusters go in - magic happens - de-clustered grapes come out - stems go in separate hopper.

The magic happens part is the stuff I wanted to see how it worked.

http://www.condenaststore.com/-sp/I-think-you-should-be-more-explicit-here-in-step-two-Cartoon-Prints_i8562937_.htm

Just had a 2011 Hawk’s View Pinot Noir this weekend. I have enjoyed them and am glad I have one left. Nice bright fruit, food friendly acids. I would be all over this if space were available and recent purchases had not happened. I also enjoy the P Gris too. Big favorites in my house.

Thank you for the kind words, as I love that 2011 Pinot. That year will go down as one of the most challenging growing seasons in our history. Normally we harvest fruit in September…and in 2011 we hung certain parts of the vineyard until November. Just like the elongated hang times, the 2011’s took their time developing, but as of today I’d be hard pressed to say we’ve ever made a wine that has aged that well.

By the way, you’d love this 2015. 4 bottles isn’t going to take up too much space :slight_smile:

Wanted to order but no Idaho shipping.
A lot of offerings lately no longer have Idaho as a ship to state, what has changed Woot. Winesmith - Laura Z. Micheal’s - Engracia -come to mind recently yet I can call or email and they ship right out.

No change on our end that I’m aware of. Still a licensing issue from winery to winery.

Georgia is listed as a state where this ships, but I am declined at check out, get message this cannot ship to my state.

Can this be be resolved please ?