2008 Rocky Terrace Zinfandel, Los Chamizal Vineyard, Sonoma Valley
2008 Morning Sun Zinfandel, Los Chamizal Vineyard
2008 Primitivo, Los Chamizal Vineyard, Sonoma Valley
2008 Los Chamizal Zinfandel, Los Chamizal Vineyard, Sonoma Valley
CT links above

Previous offer:
8/27/12 (Plus)

(did I miss the Corison???)

Is it just me, or has this Woot-off been unusually light on whites? I count two whites and one rosé since it started.

Anyone care to weigh in with some reviews? Would you say these are big, full bodied wines or are they on the lighter side of Zindom? Thanks.

I cant afford another 100 set back to back.

Scott Harvey recommended the zins during the woot plus offering. So his recommendation makes it pretty tempting. Anyone get them and care to lab rat? Or are you waiting for travel shock to wear off before drinking?

one of more underappreciated wines we’ve featured. so well made, great fruit, not over the top. walking distance from Ravenswood single vineyard source. Peter is a pioneer.

Haywood has definitely been one of my favorite woots I love zinfandel, and these are definitely well-balanced, enjoyable wines.

The tasting room is just down the street from me. One afternoon my wife, myself and my son wandered in. As I remember, all wines had typical spicy zinfandel fruit, and abundant fruit without being in the bomb style. We all liked them.

They need Virginia wines on here

How are the wineries near MD? I saw a bunch when I was living there for a few months but never got a chance to check them out :confused:

The Northern Virginia wines are fantastic. They are much different than the California wines but much much like European vines. I live in Vienna and I cant get enough of them especially the Vineyards in Warrenton VA.

Is that near Frederick? I remember seeing them on the way from Dulles to MD. Any particular you would recommend checking out?

boordy is a great place to check out in MD and esp. Linganore winecellars has some great events

I’m poor! Move on to more affordable yummy wines please :slight_smile: Like a nice pinot.

Just to name a few…
Pearmund Cellars
Mediterranean Cellars
Molon Lave Vineyards
but my favorite is Chrysalis in Middleburg

That is just to name a few you should check out Jefferson Vineyards they make the most insane Cabernet Sauvignon Ive ever tasted.

The previous 3 pack of Haywood wines was one of my favorite woot offerings of all time.

yes! after dropping a mere 300 this woot off affordable would be much appreciated but it is almost the end…right?

Boordy and Linganore are two of the most popular wineries in MD because they produce typically overly sweet wines that appeal to the masses. I do have to say I was impressed with Linganore’s winery tour, however. Black Ankle is popular as well but they actually have some good stuff. I was also impressed with Elk Run in Mt. Airy, Fabbioli in Leesburg, and Linden Vineyards was pretty darn good too. There’s a few others but that should get you started.