Headphone Funk

Not one of my favourite shirts, but I love the Mighty Boosh reference.

That girl looks suspiciously like a young Steve Tyler.

That is so you Ms. Bass!!! lols

I’m really not feeling this one… I feel like there’s a lot better concepts that could be made into a shirt that just never seem to get a chance. I don’t get it. Do people just have bad taste?

I’m so 80’s it’s sad. Maybe that’s why I love this shirt. If the girl had teased rocker hair and hot pink eye make-up…boom, I’d buy like 10 of these.

Outrageous!

whats a cross between anime and elves, and on a Asphalt background?

this shirt!

I agree that the “philtrum” looks like a booger and would have much preferred that area to be as clear as the rest of the face; I like the rest so much and that just bothers me. However, the colors and artistic nature win out and I still love it. I had to get this one for the music and awesomeness of the headphones in general.

I saw the thumbnail and thought this was ozma. Disappointing.

I’m getting a Jet Grind Radio vibe, which given Jim’s background kinda makes perfect sense.

Sweet.

Am I the only one that played the video in the background while voicing over today’s writeup out loud?

That was awesome! Well done Woot! staff.

“Groove is in the Heart” is a freakin’ great way to start a Monday!

Nifty looking art style and colorful looking design… which begs the question, why did it print on the ugly grey shirt color??? What should be a shirt that pops now looks like a design on a drab background - does not work.

He’s not vicious or malicious, just DEE-lovely and DEE-licious.

I like the drab background. It is nicely gritty. In for one. It reminds me a little like some of the style of Heavy Metal.

Off to find the video.

Reading out loud? No. Subvocalizing to check the scansion? Yes. :slight_smile:

A Jim Mahfood shirt is a great way to start a Monday morning. He is a phenomenal artist and a supremely nice guy, and I’m diggin’ this shirt!

I’m torn by my love of hot girls in headphones (I still love my Madness of Miss Stereo shirt), but the hangy down part looks like it’s the girl’s lungs or something weird. Would have much preferred the head in the circle without anything above and below.

You don’t have to put it in quotes - philtrum is indeed a word: Philtrum - Wikipedia

For all the subtle and not so subtle cultural overtones this shirt may or may not have, it’s still thoroughly boring, and when worn would never get anybody looking at it wondering what it is. On the other hand it reminds me of the shirts my wife always buys at the mall, so I guess it serves a purpose, even if that purpose is to be a woot shirt so pedestrian you feel like you bought it at the mall…

More with the interesting and fun, that’s why I watch shirt.woot and not delias.com’s inventory…

wow, someone bought three of these.

YEAH! bought one! love mahfoods work! picked up some original mahfood art at chicago comic con this past year.