Headphones

I’ve had one of these that I bought from Amazon last year. It’s decent, but to me it doesn’t make a HUGE difference. Just slightly boomier, I don’t know if it’s worth it. I’ve been using it with Shure SE535 and V-Moda M100 headphones.

simple question. Will this work with an iphone 3s?

The Fiio E11 is definitely worth the $ at this price! If you only used the original headphones that come with your iphone/mp3 player and you are happy with that sound, it probably doesn’t make sense to get a portable amp, but if you have invested in a higher end pair of headphones, the amp should really bring the headphones to life. I have the E11 and use it with my Audio Technica M50’s and AKG K450 and it makes a big difference with both.

The Pyle Home PHPNC45 headphones are on amazon for $31.35 and if you have prime they are cheaper and you get 2 day shipping

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Pyle%20Home%20PHPNC45

My take away is: if you care about audio quality, you should get the E11. The E6 works fine but always does some equalizing.

Yes. It will work with almost any devices that have a 3.5 mm output.

The FIIO products will let you use headphones but the mic on a headset will not work with these models.

The Marley earbuds are a great deal at $14.00! Make sure that you get the wood bodied units as this will reduce resonance over the freq. range.

You guys, I bought two pair of the white and purple headphones, and I have to say that the sound quality is atrocious. I hate to say negative things about something on woot (because I love woot!), but I wish someone would have told me ahead of time that it would sound like I’m listening to a walkman from 1989 :frowning:
Once again, I’m referring to the headphones that are in the first picture. I’m sure all of those $8 Lifestyle headphones are going to be of terrible quality as well… You get what you pay for.

The Pyle PHE7AB is a rebranded Fiio E7.

I own the E6, it’s a great little device. If you think you may benefit from an amp (but aren’t sure) it’s good for an entry level device, especially at this price.

A headphone amp just increases power. If your earphones are at max volume but not loud enough, it will benefit you. It won’t magically make your music sound better, but if your low end is dropping off, it can increase available power. If you’re not pushing your headphones already, it probably won’t help. My Image One’s already reach a good volume on most devices (not always on my phone, though) so I don’t use it frequently. However, I now use mine on the subwoofer out on my stereo to boost that very low line-out signal for another amp.

The E6 does an amazing job amplifying signals, but its bass boosts are too high-frequency (peaking around 80hz), making it boomy. If you’re going to run it on the default setting, the E6 will do well; if you want to boost bass through the amp, go E11.

I purchased 4 of Pyle’s PHPNC45 headphones earlier this year and only 1 out of the 4 still works. I would avoid this product.

Is there any way possible that real noise-cancelling technology could be $20?

Have we gotten there?

I sure hope so. I have two of those sitting in my cart. My wife and I will be travelling overseas in two weeks, going to sleep on it before pulling the trigger.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005K5K1ZY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1371176489&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

3.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon.

YES!!! (sealing wax & Jim Beam)