HealthPro Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor

We’ll see if it’s as useful as its advertizing says it is.

Any healthcare professional will agree that these “automatic” or “semi-automatic” blood pressure monitors are way out of whack at least +/- 10 mm/hg (which, in laymans terms mean the top and/or bottom number(s) may be off by 10 or so points). Pieces of junk, these things, ESPECIALLY the wrist monitors. Don’t base your medical decisions on these readouts if you choose to buy and use one of these things.

Just a word. A little angry my first woot experience was disappointing. Goodnight.

sorry there new

These wrist monitors are almost useless (you can get a good pulse reading)

Your best bet is to get an automatic arm cuff unit AND a manual unit (like $10) to calibrate it with).

Y go to Walgreens when you can do it in the comfort and convenience of your own home? Besides, this sucker’ll jot down and record your readings… nice to not have to fumble w/pen+paper or put it down in some PDA.

I don’t care much… but i imagine that the “Requires 2 AAA batteries (not included)” will be a deal breaker for many on this one… am i right?

Amazon, Pricegrabber and Froogle pricelinks!

Have a good night you crazy Woot!ers.

I don’t think that $1 worth batteries will be a deal breaker for many people.

Like I said, great gifts for the elders. Also, blastokid didn’t say that, it was me.

CRAP CRAP CRAP

I am a pharmacist and would never recommend one of these for a patient. That said, there are 2 exceptions: 1) someone with limited educational capacity, for whom a regular cuff/monitor would be beyond their understanding and 2) for someone who lives alone and would not be able to fasten a regular cuff properly.

The readings with these devices are inaccurate and inconsistent, but sometimes they are better than nothing at all.

Buy a regular cuff/monitor (about $20-25) and ask your pharmacist to teach you how to use it. The results are much better.

“# Large crystal display – your results are easy-to-read with this large crystal display”

I bought this because of redundancy.
Should help my grandfather, he has high blood pressure, was on blood thinner, but had an almost fatal nosebleed, now he can monitor it.

I actually ordered three cause its a great gift for old people.

YOU MEAN I HAVE TO SPEND A WHOLE DOLLAR ON BATTERIES??? Oh that’s it man… I’m out!!!

Me, a med student, who works at free clinics, will travel with it (don’t need a big ole sphigmomonometer with mercury running around) and these are so much faster.

the same would go for Nursing and PA students

I will get one for my mom, just to bug her, and use another for myself.

Seeing this stuff on Woot gets my blood pressure rising!

If it only could tell the time too, I could toss out my watch.

Let’s see…I now have a device to tell if I have an ear infection and a device to tell if I have hypertension. I am waiting for the Tri-Fecta of medical gadgets…The occult blood in my stool device!!! No Woot Tonight!

I purchased a similar unit (wrist)on Woot some time ago and took it to my doctor to see how good it was.

After checking out his bp reading versus the monitor reading he told me, In his own words…“place it on the ground, behind one of your car’s rear tires and run over it!” It was that far off. He said he’s never seen one of those wrist monitors that was worth 10 cents.

I Wooted
Christmas is Coming, Gotta give something .

…i’m glad i’m not on your list. getting this would be like waking up christmas morning and finding a hot fresh dog log in my stocking.

JUNK JUNK JUNK
Worthless waste of time and space. You want to know your Blood Pressure see your doctor or find a live in nurse. These are very inaccurate and a pain to calibrate, I only trust my ears and a well tuned sphymomaminator(for you non schooled a blood pressure cuff). If you bought one of these do get it checked and make sure it is accuratly calibrated. I will never buy anything like this. See you tomorrow Woot.