Heated Pet Furniture Thermo Covers

UPDATE
From the vendor:

*Each cover gets 1 large heater. The Chair has 1 pocket, the Loveseat has 2 pockets and the sofa has 3 pockets. The customer can move the heater into whichever pocket they want to accommodate their pet’s favorite spot on the couch.

The heater is 13 watt and measures, 11”x23.5”.*

Not every dog likes the cool floor. I had a beagle that liked to sleep under covers pretty much all the time.

Ideally these can be made to fit the dog’s bed such that she would stay off the damn furniture. But somehow I doubt that would work either

I find this disturbing on far too many levels…first pets, especially dogs do not belong on the furniture. Second my 120lb Husky would not go near this…or anything “heated”, and third, he has his own bed which he loves which is on the back deck under the walkout overhang cover.

Cats like them too!

Cats love to sleep on heating pads too, at least mine did. She slept on it for 20+ years, even in the heat of summer. I had to use a blanket to cover it because at first she was thinning on her stomach (loosing hair), it was a little too hot to lay on directly (on low). Also I never leave a heater on (or plugged in) when I leave so I always turned it off when I left the house. This kept her off my bed at night.

UPDATE
From the vendor:

*Each cover gets 1 large heater. The Chair has 1 pocket, the Loveseat has 2 pockets and the sofa has 3 pockets. The customer can move the heater into whichever pocket they want to accommodate their pet’s favorite spot on the couch.

The heater is 13 watt and measures, 11”x23.5”.*

Me? Kids, pets, so not free.

If only it had a place on it for a cat to scratch

nice pet warmer but… where can I get the chair?

Our pets are part of our family, and every situation is different. Such a blanket statement (pun intended) does not apply.

My “small” mastiff goes outside to sunbathe even when it’s 90+.

That’s your dog’s habit, and I’m happy for that.

My dog’s habits include sleeping on piles of shirts (I didn’t teach her that one) and drooling over @ramyb designs (I definitely didn’t teach her that one!); Ramy cats, squirrels, hedgehogs - she’ll slobber on them all the same. Such traits aren’t normal by any means … and I wouldn’t want it any other way. :slight_smile:

Maybe sharing a name with a shirt brand has something to do with it …

(Disclaimer: that was her name already when I adopted her.)

Wow. Just wow.

Does anyone have these ? I need something to cover my couches. I now have a cat that I need to protect the new furniture from. He is pretty good with his claws, and doesn’t really dig or scratch, but the microfiber couch is sensitive to his claws. Are these covers thick ? I hate to buy these and discover they are paper thin, and they don’t actually protect the couch cause they are similar to 200 thread count cotton.

Yeah, I’m expecting a battle to break out about pets on furniture at any moment.

I suspect it’ll still be calmer than the usual PC/Mac debates (not that I’ve really followed any of those for years here).

I had a 120 lb husky as well and he was welcome onto my couch, which I kept clean despite his major shedding. He never tore up my couch or anything. He also was my best friend and all my friends are welcome on my couch.

ETA: As for battles I don’t see this as a battle at all. I just find it unkind to expect others to think exactly alike. There is no reason we cannot disagree but to expect us to agree is another thing entirely.

Oh thanks for reminding me! Do these work with a Mac??

Not only are they (M)utts (a)nd (c)anines compatible, but (P)ussy (C)ats too!

I expect you shouldn’t buy one then. One of my dogs is blind and deaf, has 3 legs (list one to cancer) has no teeth and no hair. She is a breeder rescue and is about 4 pounds and half the size of the cat. She also walked uphill to school both ways when she was a puppy. In the snow. Her children never call or write. I bought 2.

I have several heated beds with the K&H inserts and my cats adore them. Esp the older one who has very screwed up elbows and hips - the heated beds help him immensely. I have had 2 of them plugged in continuously for a several years without any problems. Older pets can benefit from the heat - those with various metabolic/endocrine diseases or musculoskeletal/joint issues.

is the cover water proof don’t want elec shocks