Heavy Duty Sliding Barn Door Hardware Kit

Good choice I used a 6 foot for a 3 foot opening. It is perfect.

No you would have to slot the bottom of the door. Amazon sells rollers that go on either side of the door if you dont want to try slotting a door.

This is a 6 ft kit on a 3 ft opening. Trim of the frame is another 2 inches I made my door wider than the opening. and adjusted the stops so that it would stay flush with the frame and open with out hitting my handle on the inside of the frame.

On and the hardware is actually cheaper on amazon. $45

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JWHSHBK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

picture on my FB door closed
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36488196_121141285461553_9061124003661348864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=2deddd5c86c879752a7cba32cc085f74&oe=5BCA5354

Picture door open

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36572011_121141258794889_974308013928087552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=86dcfaa37935c54cfb91eb11e0976382&oe=5BC86134

A full length glass door for the bathroom. Score!

I’m guessing that they’re covering up an electrical panel, cuz a) that’s about the only thing that would be the size of the possible opening, and b) that appears to be an exterior wall with the windows up top…

…unless you’re really, really skinny and like to go into short rooms sideways.

I stayed at hotel with glass barn doors into the bathroom. Well – good thing I was there alone. And for the record, I did not dislodge the door off its track >.<

Final thought: The concept sucks. invest and do it right with pocket doors if that’s the style you want.

Think I can cut the steel bar down? I need this to go across the end of a room for both the closet and bathroom doors (same wall with about a door size space in between). The double kit would be perfect except that it’s 13’ long and the room is just over 12’. It’s a good piece of metal so anyone have any ideas on getting it cut to length and if I am able to do it, will it still work or will I then need to drill new holes?

Barn door style doors on a bathroom are an f’ing travesty of bad judgement that I can’t understand how it’s gaining traction.

I mean it looks cute but it’s like nobody at any point stopped and said “actually… wait a minute.”

People want their bathrooms to be private safe spaces!

Looks almost identical to the 6’7" one ??? am I missing something? available anytime for less

makes the 13’ one here look like a good deal…

https://www.amazon.com/SmartStandard-Heavy-Sturdy-Sliding-Hardware/dp/B01JWHSHBK/ref=cm_wl_huc_item?th=1

I don’t have to shut the door, because we do live in a BARN!!! SEE, look a Barn door!!!

This is perfect for 60 year old empty nesters looking to move into a beach condo and need to sell their house to douchey 20 somethings.

Can you cut the 13 foot to 10 feet to fit my door wall situation?

There are some good reasons… like in my bathroom, I have a closet door, a linen closet door, and the bathroom door that all swing into the same area and fight each other. A pocket door might be a solution, but then there is the light switch in that wall, etc. And you can put latches on the barn doors…

what is the weight of the package on the two doors set?

I have one in our house and our dogs regularly push it open; however, ours is kind of heavy, so unless your cats are working together you should probably be okay.

Just to comment again on what people said, these should NEVER be used for a bathroom door, unless you live alone and never invite anyone over. They do NOT block sound very well due to the gaps all around the door. Whatever architect thought it would be a good idea to put this into a hotel room that I was staying at with another person should be slapped.

I am in the same situation. FWIW, there are locksets for barn doors.

I stayed in an expensive trendy hotel where they had this, yes, on the bathroom. One of the biggest problems with them is that the construction workers don’t install them properly. They don’t put the stops in the correct place, if they put on stops at all. The result is that the door comes off the track with the smallest push. I also agree with other posters that this is a fleeting architectural trend which will be out of style in a few years and isn’t terribly practical now. If you want sliding doors, get pocket ones.

Disney’s Bay Lake Tower? Yeah. Not good if you’re traveling with little kids who will put their face up against the cracks and announce “I see you”.

You should be able to use a standard pipe cutter. They aren’t very expensive.